Very Curious what these are for 🤔

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

For decades I've owned amps that have got just as hot.
Without the plastic pieces 😱.....I count myself lucky to have survived.
Thank you Europe for protecting me in the future.

Unfortunately the world is full of idiots that governments feel they need to protect from themselves*

Personally I feel the gene pool would benefit from allowing them to become potential winners of the Darwin Award 😀😉

*remember if legislation exists it's almost certainly coz said idiots have previously done what it's trying to prevent...

Unfortunately the world is full of idiots that governments feel they need to protect from themselves*

Personally I feel the gene pool would benefit from allowing them to become potential winners of the Darwin Award 😀😉

*remember if legislation exists it's almost certainly coz said idiots have previously done what it's trying to prevent...
Which is presumably why the first page or two of the manual/handbook lists things like:- don’t operate this amplifier in a bathroom, and don’t clean it with petrol!! 😕

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site

I was talking about this thread and your comment with my son on the way home tonight and he just said, like that meme;

"I'm not saying we should kill anyone, just remove all the warning labels and let it sort itself out."

npxavar

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Why the difference in the size of the plastic cover though? The square inch large on the Marantz cannot have a significant impact on the case temperature. Maybe it's there so that the user can test for the temperature of the case without getting burned.

npxavar

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
No class A amps have these installed, all get fair fair hotter.
How many Class A amps are sold in department stores? The are only sold in "specialty stores" and probably this is what makes a difference. Japanese brands produce stereos and AVRs in way larger quantities and need more outlets to sell them.

TRENDING THREADS