Van Den Hul The Name Interconnect.

A

Anonymous

Just bought a pair of these a couple of weeks ago. They are not directional.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Though the cable is non-directional, it is a practice that when connecting your CDP to the amp. signals should flow from the direction of words marked on the interconnects.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
So it's a faith based phenomena?

How does the signal 'know' to go in the direction of the arrows?

And isn't it a 'bad thing' if the signal is all going one way only?

I read that 'DC' is bad for speakers and that - ideally - the signal current alternates in direction.

If it's true that the signal current alternates in direction, then what does that mean for 'directional' cables? (Does an audio signal tend to go more in one direction than another?)

chebby said:

I read that 'DC' is bad for speakers and that - ideally - the signal current alternates in direction.

If it's true that the signal current alternates in direction, then what does that mean for 'directional' cables? (Does an audio signal tend to go more in one direction than another?)

No it just means you pay more per metre!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:

As you probably gathered, I was being a tad facetious.

Here is what Atlas have to say on the matter (No. 5.7): http://www.atlascables.com/cable-construction.html

Personally I do as the manufacturer suggests, as life is too short..... :roll:

Facetious CnoEvil? Surely not!

Interested to see that Atlas actually quote:- ' If a cable has been used in the same direction for a number of hours; the sound quality improves. If it's then reversed, the sound reverts back to the original sound before use and eventually improves again with use in the reversed direction!'

So, ultimately it doesn't really matter a jot! :shhh:

A

Anonymous

Cable directionality is a serious topic. I didn't follow Chord's guidelines and the music ended up going backwards. They should warn you, really.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts