Van den Hul D102 3T or Atlas element arcomatic?

The One

Aug 31, 2022
Visit site
I am looking for experiences with these interconnects. i can buy them for the same price. But which is the better one? I listen to a lot of symphonic metal and don't want a bright sounding cable. With my music this is a no go. My system: Tannoy xt8f speakers, MF m5si amp, Bluesound node, Audioquest rocket 11 speakercable.

abacus

There will be no difference between them or Amazon Basics cables (As a Double blind test will prove), however if you still believe cables make a difference then the only way is to go and listen for yourself, as everybody is different.
If you really want top quality cables then go to a pro music store and get some from there as they will be the same as used in pro video and recording studios (Van Damme is of top quality), and a fraction of the price of overhyped (Overpriced) Hi Fi cables.

Bill

This is presumably from your Node to your amplifier that you want this for? I use several Atlas cables, mostly because they seem pretty neutral. I know that Van den Hul speakers cables are often on the mellow side, so the D102 is probably worth a try.

However, tweaking your speaker position or adding some rugs might get a better result, unless you been that route already. I don’t recall Tannoys in this range being the smoothest soundoing, but it’s a while since I heard any.

robdmarsh

Just because abacus above doesn't hear any difference between cables doesn't mean that you won't. Don't know about the Atlas interconnects you're talking about but I have Chord c-line at £50and they sound very good imo. I've also got rocket 11 speaker cables and these definitely let my set up perform at its best.

Gray

Anybody that can , blindly identify the difference between 2 interconnect cables, possesses an ability denied to the majority of people.

I've got a half-metre cable that retailed for £76. Fancy wire, nice RCA plugs.
Soundwise, no different to any other of my interconnects.
But I won it as a prize - so no real incentive for me to perceive a difference.
(I didn't expect to hear a difference though - and that really didn't help it's case).

Dom

The differences you hear (if any) are because of the electromagnetic induction. The creation of an electro-motive force (EMF) by way of a moving magnetic fields around an electrical conductor. Electrons are a complex issue that even experts find baffling.

Last edited:

daveh75

Just because abacus above doesn't hear any difference between cables doesn't mean that you won't.

Difference is, Bill understands why people might 'hear' differences. Hence he advocates double blind tests...

I really do feel for people coming to forums looking for advice, to largely receive BS by the megaton presented as fact.

Audiophiles should be forced to have warnings appended to their signatures!!!

Reactions: Gray

robdmarsh

One of these days I will have to do one of these blind tests because yes the physics arguments certainly do some to be on the side of the deniers. And part of me is thinking that I hear a difference between cables because I want to hear a difference and that is enough for our gullible and extremely suggestible and creative brains. God knows, it's nearly up there with the belief or disbelief in homeopathy!:(o_O

Dom

Too much opinion and little fact...
A gluon (/ˈɡluːɒn/ GLOO-on) is an elementary particle that acts as the exchange particle (or gauge boson) for the strong force between quarks. It is analogous to the exchange of photons in the electromagnetic force between two charged particles.[7] Gluons bind quarks together, forming hadrons such as protons and neutrons.

Gluons are vector gauge bosons that mediate strong interactions of quarks in quantum chromodynamics (QCD). Gluons themselves carry the color charge of the strong interaction. This is unlike the photon, which mediates the electromagnetic interaction but lacks an electric charge. Gluons therefore participate in the strong interaction in addition to mediating it, making QCD significantly harder to analyze than quantum electrodynamics (QED).
electromagnetic-forces_im02.gif

Gluon - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Gray

No, you don't have to do a double-blind test.
I've heard the"why should I?" reply many times Dom.
Of course, nobody has to a do blind test.
But, why wouldn't they want to?
They say it wouldn't prove anything.
But it would surely prove everything - it would prove that nothing but the sound is influencing them - not the price, the look, the reviews not anybody else's opinion.

I want to witness a blind test - ideally between a cable costing £1000+ and a wire coat hanger - with the cable owner betting money on being able to tell them apart (by sound alone).

Reactions: WayneKerr

abacus

But it would surely prove everything - it would prove that nothing but the sound is influencing them - not the price, the look, the reviews not anybody else's opinion.

I want to witness a blind test - ideally between a cable costing £1000+ and a wire coat hanger - with the cable owner betting money on being able to tell them apart (by sound alone).

Old but amusing

Bill

Dom

You're right ofcourse Grey. I'm not saying you shouldn't do blind tests. Maybe it proves something? What I'm saying is that music can produce some of the strongest emotional reactions ever. The cable debate is a real phenomenon which be should take very seriously and not turned into a willy waving contest.

Last edited:
You're right ofcourse Grey.
All I'm saying is what I have read and heard, it's that music can produce some of the strongest emotional reactions ever. The cable debate is a real phenomenon we should take seriously.
Unfortunately these cable debates aren't. They are simply a bunch of people strongly pushing their opinions without any scientific evidence of any description.
To this end they usually decline to such a level that the thread is blocked.
There's only one way to find a cable that works well in your system and that is to go and loan some to try.

Dom

Unfortunately these cable debates aren't. They are simply a bunch of people strongly pushing their opinions without any scientific evidence of any description.
To this end they usually decline to such a level that the thread is blocked.
There's only one way to find a cable that works well in your system and that is to go and loan some to try.
Ok.

The One

Aug 31, 2022
Visit site
The Atlas element is out; too bright for me. It will now Van den Hul D102 3T or Cardas Crosslink. difficult. Both are good. The Van den Hul is much cheaper here.

Dom

Who the heck is she and why has she changed it from the usual 10%?
Sorry Al ears, it was a Marijuana Morehead joke to Hugh Jarse. Anyway, I think interconnects are too expensive overall.

My friend Skinny Willy can't afford it for most part, but I felt like 5% would be more sensible price to pay.

Last edited:

podknocker

A gluon (/ˈɡluːɒn/ GLOO-on) is an elementary particle that acts as the exchange particle (or gauge boson) for the strong force between quarks. It is analogous to the exchange of photons in the electromagnetic force between two charged particles.[7] Gluons bind quarks together, forming hadrons such as protons and neutrons.

Gluons are vector gauge bosons that mediate strong interactions of quarks in quantum chromodynamics (QCD). Gluons themselves carry the color charge of the strong interaction. This is unlike the photon, which mediates the electromagnetic interaction but lacks an electric charge. Gluons therefore participate in the strong interaction in addition to mediating it, making QCD significantly harder to analyze than quantum electrodynamics (QED).
electromagnetic-forces_im02.gif

Gluon - Wikipedia
These fundamental particles and force carriers, will have no effect on the transmission of electricity down a couple of metres of speaker cable. This post has no relevance to speaker cables and belongs in a 'beginner's guide to physics' text book, on a shelf, in Fermilab, or CERN. I've studied particle physics, including gauge theory, at length and at no point did I come across the benefits to the HIFI sector. Finding a load of big, scientific words on google doesn't add anything to the debate.

Dom

"These fundamental particles and force carriers, will have no effect on the transmission of electricity down a couple of metres of speaker cable...."
I disagree because it's the fundamental particles which make theses thing's work? Are these things not considered when designing Hifi components. If not, then I apologise for my post.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts