Valve cd players

I never did, but I think they had a phase because of the ‘two wrongs make a right’ school of Hifi. Glaring and harsh digital remasters smoothed out by lots of distortion from a valve or three. Perfect sound forever!!

There was until recently a valued Luxman CD in a wooden box. I can’t recall many others latterly, though McIntosh probably makes one.

Last edited:
I never did, but I think they had a phase because of the ‘two wrongs make a right’ school of Hifi. Glaring and harsh digital remasters smoothed out by lots of distortion from a valve or three. Perfect sound forever!!

There was until recently a valued Luxman CD in a wooded box. I can’t recall many others latterly, though McIntosh probably makes one.
Could be wrong but seem to remember Vincent made a valve CDP.

D

Deleted member 201267

Rega made a valve Isis CDP, I hate to think what it cost.....

Partly agree with @TrevC in that they are pointless. However, they are not a gimmick. The makers clearly believe they are better than traditional SS players, but the practicalities don't stack up.
i think we may agree that valves are pfaff but there are those that simply will not have anything else.
It's a bit like digging an LP out to play as opposed to streaming I guess.

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
I doubt I'd go out of my way for a valve based cd player either, I know prima luna do a dac with valves, again it doesn't really interest me, it just commands too much rack space for it's worth.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 201267

Yes, that was the one. I’d seen a used one recently. It’s finigh looks stunning, but inside the transport is the same as the budget Marantz CD600x series, so it’s nothing special aside from the valve addition and the swish looks.

Just like the Musical Fidelity Nu Vista 800 CD player which looks empty !

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts