Valuation Advice Please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have been offered an LP12 but have no idea what it is worth. It seems to be an earlier model, and it comes with the shoe box Linn Ittok. No details on the cartridge. Cosmetically, pretty good, with just the odd mark.

Linn Sondek LP12 Record Deck Serial Number: NFOGA13658

Arm: Linn Ittok LV11

Linn Lingo Power Supply Serial Number: LINGO 009267

Also, any ideas of what it costs to have one of these serviced and set up.

Thanks in advance

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
With the Lingo about £700.00, i had the valhalla which was about £500.00 but that was a few years ago, if it's any cheaper snap it up, great deck, great arm and much better power supply than a valhalla. Servicing depends on dealer and location but figure around £120.00 to £150.00. every five to seven years for a service if it's left alone not the three to five years dealers normally expect, just their way of making a bit more money.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
749er:

Hi

I have been offered an LP12 but have no idea what it is worth. It seems to be an earlier model, and it comes with the shoe box Linn Ittok. No details on the cartridge. Cosmetically, pretty good, with just the odd mark.

Linn Sondek LP12 Record Deck Serial Number: NFOGA13658

Arm: Linn Ittok LV11

Linn Lingo Power Supply Serial Number: LINGO 009267

Also, any ideas of what it costs to have one of these serviced and set up.

Thanks in advance

The Cymbiosis website says £60 per hour max £211.50 + vat for a complete stripdown to the plinth and rebuild.

They are based in Leicester, may be worth checking out their website.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Except people seem to play stupid money for LP12s on Ebay, whatever condition they're in.

If they pay it, then in market terms, it's worth it.

T

the record spot

Get in touch with Linn directly. They service the earliest LP12s up to the present day and will tell you all you need to know about the model from the serial number. I'd go there first, then talk to a dealer thereafter.

A

Anonymous

hi

I think it should be available for 450GBP.

I'll have a chat with Linn.

Any thoughts on the Inspire Vivid "upgrade"

A

Anonymous

I have a vivid upgrade LP12 and i'm very happy with the purchase - really tightens up the sound but retains the characteristic warmth. You may not need a full upgrade as it has a Lingo PSU - the vivid upgrade includes a Hercules PSU which probably isn't required here. Think you would need something more bespoke but Bob at inspire is very helpful if you give them a call.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the feedback everyone.

Lastly, any advice on transporting it by car and also checkng it over mechanically, bearing, springs, arm board etc.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts