Using a Tacima CS929 with amps and subs

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Im currently using a Tacima for my CDP, bluray etc im considering buying a second one for my amp and subs, has or is anyone using a Tacima for these? If so whats your results? Im using my amp with a Olson sound fantastic 8 way extension block at the present FYI Cheers

A

Anonymous

I've found that plugging my power amp into the Tacima block results in a small loss in dynamics. I've done this test a few times over weeks and weeks. It definately isn't an improvement for a power amp.

An integrated amp is a trickier proposition because the pre section would benefit.

michael hoy

jase fox:Im currently using a Tacima for my CDP, bluray etc im considering buying a second one for my amp and subs, has or is anyone using a Tacima for these? If so whats your results?

Im using my amp with a Olson sound fantastic 8 way extension block at the present FYI

Cheers

Hi Jase,

I had my Denon plugged into the Tacima for a while and thought is sounded good, however, I recently purchased a Belkin PF50 and now every thing is plugged into that.

Did notice that the amp sounded clearer with the PF50 than being plugged into the Tacima, much clearer vocals from the centre speaker.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Michael, hows you?

Ive got my Denon 2500BT plugged into the Tacima with which gives some great results, i think the Tacima is a great conditioner however, i do hear negative results were amps are concerned, mainly anyway.

michael hoy

I'm fine Jase,

I had the 2500 plugged into the Tacima and was very impressed with the PQ over just being plugged into the Belkin 8 way, have not noticed any degridation in PQ since plugging into the PF50.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
michael hoy:
I'm fine Jase,

I had the 2500 plugged into the Tacima and was very impressed with the PQ over just being plugged into the Belkin 8 way, have not noticed any degridation in PQ since plugging into the PF50.

Interesting results Michael, how much does the Belkin go for? And where did you get it from?

A

Anonymous

I have the Tacima on my Avi adm's and can't hear any real change in sq in or out of it. I think it depends on the quality of supply, we live out in the sticks and there is a real improvement in Tv quality.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I use a Tacima and for me it has been the bargain of the decade. Use with TV, Sky HD, blu ray and sub. I plug amp into seperate socket as i too found a drop in dynamics. However plugging in the sub has tightened the bass with improved clarity. TV picture noise improved as did the seperation of vocals. Looking to change the mains cable on my Sky next, have heard of some big improvements to all aspects of performance.

Confess though, although house isn't massively old, my electrics can be a bit 'dirty'.

£30 can't recommend enough. Getting one for PS3 and headphones next.

malthus80

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
igglebert:I've found that plugging my power amp into the Tacima block results in a small loss in dynamics. I've done this test a few times over weeks and weeks. It definately isn't an improvement for a power amp. An integrated amp is a trickier proposition because the pre section would benefit.

I used one with my naim but it completely obliterated everything that is good about the naim sound. Both in dynamics, as you mentioned, but also the propulsive nature of the bass. It seemed to remove an octave off the bottom of the sound. It improved my onkyo but doesnt work with 'proper' hifi.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I would agree with what other posters have said.

The Tacima has had a positive effect on picture quality from my plasma, but it strangled the sound through my Yamaha receiver. I tried repeatedly switching between the Tacima and a standard electrical socket and the difference was more than subtle.

Good for televisions, really not good at all for amplifiers/receivers...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts