Usher Dancer mini two DMD vs Dali Helicon 400 MK2

lambopower

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone heard either of these? Speakers will be my next upgrade and i have it narrowed down to these two. They are priced the same.

The Dali's are gorgeous but i'm leaning more towards the Ushers. I heard they drop real low and that diamond tweeter is the best on the market. Should be pretty easy to drive also at 90dbs

Any suggestions?

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
I have listened to both these speakers and used to have the Usher BE-718. The Usher tweeters do have the delicacy and detail and Ushers do go very low, however the bass can be a bit loose and woolly. I find the Dali Helicon 400 rather slow and lacking in dynamics.

Why not consider the Spendor D7 or the PMC Twenty 24 which are cheaper and I dare say may be just as good if not better.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
I haven't heard them yet but you could try the new Focal Aria 900 range which I think look pretty good in the walnut finish coupled with leather and glass. High sensitivity also, but just afraid they may sound a bit "cheap" in comparison as I think they are a lower range model compared to the others mentioned above.

audipheonix

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I have heard the Usher with Exposure 2010s and Vpi. It was the best SQ and Audition I have heard till date,it was exquisite. I could listen to the step up hours on. If that helps. :cheer:

lambopower

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I'll try to find an audition somehow. Most shops don't stock these here as they're pretty expensive and would just sit on them for months.

There's nothing mini about those ushers :rofl:

gbss

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I own a pair of Usher Mini Dancer 2 DMDs since Feburary last year. With my amp (Hypex Ncore 400) loose bass isn't something I've come across. Infact I have trentemoller on right now, very controlled yet deep. Mind you the amp has a crazy damping factor which might help with these speakers. Either way, they dont sound loose in the bass department.

Yes the tweeter is rather magical to say the least. I have a pair of Mourdant Short Performance 6's prior to these which are still very decent speakers (still have them) but still, the Usher's manage to come ahead by some margin indeed.

Btw these speakers like working close up against the front wall but despite that need some space to breathe otherwise the bass output could simply swamp the room and muddy the rest of the output. A few have placed foam in the ports to help tame the bass for their rooms respectively.

IJ

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Can't comment on the Dali's, but i also have the Ushers mini two DMD for around a year now, upgraded from the Be718's

All the speaker you will ever need. Hard to find better at the price point in my opinion.

They are big speakers and very heavy. Finish is excellent. They need at least 60 hours playing to bed in.

There are a few reviews floating around the internet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts