Use JBL OnBeat Xtreme as a TV speaker

Dave_A1

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi folks

I have a Sony Bravia KDL55W8 TV and I would like to connect it to my JBL OnBeat Xtreme dock in order to use the JBL as a speaker for the TV

Unfortunately the Sony Bravia Bluetooth is unable to pick up the JBL to connnect via Bluetooth so I guess my only option is to use a cable from TV to the JBL

Would someone be kind enough to advise the best cable method to use please?

The normal method I guess would be to use RCA phono leads but the JBL only has a 3.5mm Aux In jack to connect to, the TV has a 3.5mm headphone jack and digital optical out port.

Very much appreciated if anyone has any advice.

jjbomber

Dave_A1 said:
Hi folks

Would someone be kind enough to advise the best cable method to use please?

The normal method I guess would be to use RCA phono leads but the JBL only has a 3.5mm Aux In jack to connect to, the TV has a 3.5mm headphone jack and digital optical out port.

Very much appreciated if anyone has any advice.

The headphone output of the TV to the 3.5mm Aux in of the JBL is fine with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. The other option is the phono output to the 3.5mm Aux in with the ''2 phono to 3.5mm' cable. The later should give a better sound but try both and see for yourself.

Dave_A1

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi jjbomber

Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciated.

I've tried the 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable from the TV headphone jack to the JBL aux in jack but unfortunately it doesn't produce any sound at all.

I've changed the sound setting on the TV from 'TV speakers' to 'audio system' and still no joy. I've tried a variety of other combination of TV sound settings too and still no sound.

Anything simple I'm doing wrong ? The JBL user manual says that a 3.5mm stereo cable should be fine to be connected to the input source but it doesn't seem to work here for some reason (the manual also doesn't mention TVs, only iPods and PCs etc)

Thanks again, any further advice would be really great, much appreciated.

UPDATE

Got it working, the JBL needed some resetting and all is now working.

Thanks again jjbomber

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Dave_1 are you selecting Aux on the JBL its the button that you press for blutooth I think the white light is for ipod blue is for blutooth and yellow is for Aux I use the phono outputs to 3.5 jack plug and it works fine much better than the inbuilt speakers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts