USB to S/PDIF

jcarruthers

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Are there any decent cheap USB to S/PDIF convertors that can cope with 24 bit 96 kHz.

My MacBook Air doesn't have an optical output and my Pro has been locked down by work so I can't use Audirvana etc

James

BronC

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Musical Fidelity do a vlink2 that does exactly what you want. You should be able to pick up a 2nd hand one for about £60. They also do on that handles 24 192 - but that is a lot more expensive

ngibbs

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
jcarruthers said:
Hi all,

Are there any decent cheap USB to S/PDIF convertors that can cope with 24 bit 96 kHz.

My MacBook Air doesn't have an optical output and my Pro has been locked down by work so I can't use Audirvana etc

James

My M2Tech Hiface 2 is good. About 100 quid I think

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
I use an M-Audio USB Transit. Just 100 USD when it was new. It's discontinued but you might be able to find used ones for really cheap prices.

ngibbs

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
ngibbs said:
jcarruthers said:
Hi all,

James

My M2Tech Hiface 2 is good. About 100 quid I think

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/computer-based-media/how-tog-get-the-best-sound-from-a-pc

jcarruthers

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
The Musical Fidelity sounds good - in fact my old V-DAC is on eBay finishing today.

Amazon have them for £100 so it looks like it'll pay for it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts