USB flash vs USB memory stick

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
i currently have a 128 gb USB memory stick which j i transfer short and long vids and photos JPEG etc and other formats MP4 etc via PC through the internet okay so far. ? Now i read about a 982 Gb flash drive with USB at £25 why should i buy this 982gb flasg drive rather than my faithful USB stick 128 gb What is the difference between these two devices ? confused. ( SD and mini SD cards i understand but these two ?

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
or should i get a 256 gb USB memory card instead. ? most of the vids are direct from the internet onMP4 format . mainly short in nature most are less than 30 mins some over one hour , Note my PC has only 500 HD so not enough space at 4 gb ( yes low) memory on Windows 10

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Flash Drive & Memory Stick are 2 different names for the same item and are thus interchangeable.
982GB for £25 sounds like a Wish product witch if you are lucky will be actually 8GB in size. (If it seems too good to be true than it probably is)

Bill
think i get another standard USB 256 or 128 GB drives the 128 woks well get 116 GB plus plus

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
thanks guys i probably buy a ordinary USB 256 or 512 now for my video files have quite a few now something like 400 mainly as i saoid short files wish every one a good day greif it is that hot here in UK now 75 F at1000

nads

The difference is just the size of data that it can store. The technology inside is the same.

but saying that I did have a portable USB drive unit that was not solid state but had a small hard drive in it. Worked fine until i dropped it one day.

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Go for USB 3 and don't buy cheapo drives from Amazon. Stick with well known manufacturers such as Samsung, Sandisk, Adata, Kingston and Toshiba.
i must admit i never had a ny problems of drives from Amazon at all One cheapy 128 had for 3 years . A lot of things have changed in prices on these now. be interested in your opinion SD cards vs USB . other than the fact USB cannot be used on most cameras Which are now becoming cheaper to buy. I did have a PC with SD card connector but got rid of it several years back

Friesiansam

i must admit i never had a ny problems of drives from Amazon at all One cheapy 128 had for 3 years . A lot of things have changed in prices on these now. be interested in your opinion SD cards vs USB . other than the fact USB cannot be used on most cameras Which are now becoming cheaper to buy. I did have a PC with SD card connector but got rid of it several years back
If you need use with a camera, then an SD card is the thing to buy, otherwise stick with USB. Buying a good brand doesn't mean having to pay through the nose, I didn't pay a lot for my Sandisk USB sticks (64 and 128GB). I paid £25 each for the 128GB Sandisk Ultra Flair drives in 2020, then reasonable, now they are £13. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015CH1PJU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
having bought 2 512 USB sticks found they have a problem with vids being copied from PC (ie MP4.) yet JPEGs are okay what can i do about this. note my PC has only 500 gigs would a much smaller USB stick be better idea ie 64 gig . Strangely my 64 gig one works well or are these too cheap 512 rubbish??

having bought 2 512 USB sticks found they have a problem with vids being copied from PC (ie MP4.) yet JPEGs are okay what can i do about this. note my PC has only 500 gigs would a much smaller USB stick be better idea ie 64 gig . Strangely my 64 gig one works well or are these too cheap 512 rubbish??
what make and spec are the USB 512Gb sticks and where did you buy them?
There shouldn't be an issue with MP4 files as far as I am aware

Friesiansam

If you are having PC related problems, you might want to try joining this forum, of which I am a member: https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.php There is a considerable depth of knowledge there.

BTW, how are the USB sticks formatted? I use NTFS and have no problem with large video files.

In Windows Explorer, right click on the USB stick, click 'format', then in the new box under 'file system' choose 'NTFS" and click the 'format' button.

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
If you are having PC related problems, you might want to try joining this forum, of which I am a member: https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.php There is a considerable depth of knowledge there.

BTW, how are the USB sticks formatted? I use NTFS and have no problem with large video files.

In Windows Explorer, right click on the USB stick, click 'format', then in the new box under 'file system' choose 'NTFS" and click the 'format' button.
thank you your information

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts