USB C Cables - Chord Mojo

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm on the verge of buying a new phone (a Huawei P9, because it as a decent camera and it's only £370 - I'm fed up with phones breaking after 9 months!).

I've got a USB Micro B to USB Micro B OTG cable to transfer data from the old phone to the MoJo, but the Huawei is a USB C device.

Any ideas whether this will work?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00WJSPW8Q/ref=twister_B00YCB0TMW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I want to be sure I've got the right cable before I order the phone!

thanks

BA

daveh75

I would be careful with buying cables as USB-C is a total PITA atm, with many manufacturers not conforming to spec.

A Google engineer took it on himself to test a bunch of cables sold via Amazon a while ago and actually damaged his test rig with some of the shoddy cables out there.

I'm on my phone right now, so to much hassle to provide links, but Google Benson Leung and there's a list of cables that he tested and considers safe/meet spec...

Green Bow

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Look in post 3 of the Official Chord Mojo Thread. The thread is packed with people saying just this sort of information. It's possibly the busiest thread on Head-Fi and gets anything up to about two hundred posts a day. Though usually about fifty.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Green Bow said:
Look in post 3 of the Official Chord Mojo Thread. The thread is packed with people saying just this sort of information. It's possibly the busiest thread on Head-Fi and gets anything up to about two hundred posts a day. Though usually about fifty.

Thanks - perhaps I'm missing it, but none of the info on page 3 talks about USB-C to Micro-B. There's lost on Sony, Micro-USB, Blackberry, i-Devices etc...

In any case, I bought a cable (but cannot recall from where!) and it worked fine...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts