USA 2014 Flat Panel Shootout.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

http://www.cnet.com/news/lg-wins-value-electronics-shootout-2014/

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Taken from Value Electronics' Facebook page:

''We have a correction to our early determination on the 2014 King of TV. LG's EC9300 OLED won in the most categories and in the most important categories, however, if all the categories are averaged for each TV, the F8500 comes out slightly higher overall. So this year we are declaring a tie between the LG EC9300 OLED and Samsung F8500 plasma, with the expert calibrators' top pick as the Samsung OLED! Congrats to the excellent Samsung, Sony, and LG displays competing in the event.''

The F8500 beat the LG in terms of color accuracy and motion resolution (OLED TVs still use the "sample and hold" method, which reduces motion resolution to LED TV levels).

Assuming your VT65's still working well enough, Gel, I reckon you're set for the next few years...

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:

''We have a correction to our early determination on the 2014 King of TV. LG's EC9300 OLED won in the most categories and in the most important categories, however, if all the categories are averaged for each TV, the F8500 comes out slightly higher overall. So this year we are declaring a tie between the LG EC9300 OLED and Samsung F8500 plasma, with the expert calibrators' top pick as the Samsung OLED! Congrats to the excellent Samsung, Sony, and LG displays competing in the event.''

The F8500 beat the LG in terms of color accuracy and motion resolution (OLED TVs still use the "sample and hold" method, which reduces motion resolution to LED TV levels).

Assuming your VT65's still working well enough, Gel, I reckon you're set for the next few years...
Good to see you mate. *smile*. My Panasonic is still going strong, sometimes I look at the side for screen burn but none at present. I reckon we are really lucky with our TVs and yep can't see them being beaten by much for sometime. The blacks on the Panasonic are really fantastic. Just goes to show how good the Samsung plasma was

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
strapped for cash said:

Good to see you mate. *smile*. My Panasonic is still going strong, sometimes I look at the side for screen burn but none at present. I reckon we are really lucky with our TVs and yep can't see them being beaten by much for sometime. The blacks on the Panasonic are really fantastic. Just goes to show how good the Samsung plasma was too.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
strapped for cash said:

Good to see you mate. *smile*. My Panasonic is still going strong, sometimes I look at the side for screen burn but none at present. I reckon we are really lucky with our TVs and yep can't see them being beaten by much for sometime. The blacks on the Panasonic are really fantastic. Just goes to show how good the Samsung plasma was

No screen burn on my VT touch wood :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:
strapped for cash said:

No screen burn on my VT touch wood :)
We shouldn't really get any, I think I have just been incredibly unlucky with my GT50 and Kuro, they should last the course, these seem better made too.