Urgent need of help.!!!

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.

I finally received my supra usb 2.0 cable which i intended to connect to my amp via usb and my macbook pro. But it does not fit with my macbook pro. What to do??

file:///Users/christiandorn/Desktop/$_12.jpg

Best regards Christian

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Chr78 said:
Hey guys.

I finally received my supra usb 2.0 cable which i intended to connect to my amp via usb and my macbook pro. But it does not fit with my macbook pro. What to do??

file:///Users/christiandorn/Desktop/$_12.jpg

Best regards Christian

witch part is going in the amp? The squear one, or the rectangular...?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Chr78 said:
The normal usb one...hmmm

yep, that is not a DAC usb input, just a usb input to connect a ithing or a mp3 player.

you need to buy a external DAC and connect it to the amp through stereo RCAs.

what amp do you have? Make sure it has a internal DAC.

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Block cvr 100, hope you can help.

file:///Users/christiandorn/Desktop/cd_receiver_block_cvr_100_bild_1331562902.jpg

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know this amp but just for looking at the back i see it has a internal DAC but you need to connect it through a coax or optical cable.

It has Streaming habilities maybe is better to use them if you can.

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
The guy at the shop told that was the cable to use and that was the way to get the best sound quality from wimp or my mp3´s..

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry missed that, but to the OP a mini TOS lick cable into the headphone sicket of the Mac should give you a digital output , just checked and it does .

James

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Two options & USB isn't one of them.

Connect the Mac directly via optical. I think Macs have optical outputs?

Use the ethernet port to connect to your router & stream via DLNA. Homeplugs over the mains are an option if the router is far away.

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I allready stream my music from my mac via apple tv/optical cable to my amp. But the guy at the shop (seemed very competent), said i had to buy that cable and connect my computer via usbwith that cable and then get much better sound quality than apple tv/optical???

Chr78 said:
I allready stream my music from my mac via apple tv/optical cable to my amp. But the guy at the shop (seemed very competent), said i had to buy that cable and connect my computer via usbwith that cable and then get much better sound quality than apple tv/optical???

Take amp and mac to the shop and get him to explain again exactly how it is going to sound better when you cannot connect with the cable he suggested.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Why stream to an Apple TV if the amp supports it directly? Unless you've tried & it's pants?

Edit - From the manufacturer's web site:

Located on the front panel, hidden by a cover there s a USB connection, you can play your music from a USB stick or hard drive.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Alternatively, get an Airport Express and connect that via optical to your amp. Get a refund on the pointless cable. Sorted.

Edit: Just seen that you already use the ATV.

Skip the AEX , but still return the pointless cable

Still sorted.

P.S you will not improve the sound by changing the mode of transport of the digital signal. Any digital cable will do exactly the same job.

nima

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Overdose said:
P.S you will not improve the sound by changing the mode of transport of the digital signal. Any digital cable will do exactly the same job.

Just one person's opinion.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
nima said:
Overdose said:

No, fact.

We are talking about a digital signal, it will either work, or it won't. There will be no measure of intermediate function.

Be free to spend as much as you like trying to convince yourself otherwise though.

nima

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Nevertheless, never buy cables without a home demo. Or any other piece of audio equipment for that matter. -Another person's opinion.

nima

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Overdose said:
nima said:
Overdose said:

No, fact.

We are talking about a digital signal, it will either work, or it won't. There will be no measure of intermediate function. Be free to spend as much as you like trying to convince yourself otherwise though.

Not opinion, really. Should have said fixed idea.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts