URGENT: DALI IKON , REVEL F12 or JAMO C 809 ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm urgently looking to buy a speakers for my new hi Res system in the next day or so for Xmas. I am unable to audition any these speakers. So please give me your advice. which is the best out of these? My use will be 70% music (jazz, concert, latin,etc) and 30% movies. though I am on budget about £1000 (fronts) i do not want "comprosmise" speakers if necessary and justifiable i can save up and buy something much better. My pref is floorstanders.

I will be purchasing Onkyo TX-NR905 receiver to drive the speakers. I own a Revel B12 sub. The room size is approx 13ft x 18ft x 13ft, all hard walls and few soft furnishings, tile floor. After reading all the reviews, I have it down to the these:

1. Dali Ikon 6 or ikon 7 ( ribbon tweeters, dome, 2 x 6.5 cones) ikon 7 (3 x 6.5)

2. Revel Concerta F12 (full range, 1 tweeter, 1 midrange, 2x 8" woofers)

3. Jamo C 809 (new tech?)

I am looking forward to your advice soon.

Many thanks in advance. Best wishes to you for the season!

A

Anonymous

From what I gather a few of the guys on this forum use the Dali's and are vary happy with them. WHF rate them highly also.

jules.

A

Anonymous

True. I am one of them. I got a Dali IKON 6 a while ago and I am very happy to say the least. The sound stage is deep, wide and top-end extremely smooth. No edgy trebles any more. They go down and love space and power. And that's just a 6. I am sure a 7 will command more authority in the bass department. That said, larger drivers need space and power and according to physics rules cannot be as fast as small drivers given the same power. I am talking about agility.
I have heard Jamo Concert series briefly and I can certainly recommend them. They are well regarded speakers. But if your are targetting C 809, be ready to give them some serious power (you never mentioned what your electronics are).
I haven't heard the Revels myself, so no comments on that. However, I caution everyone wanting to buy anything with two 8 inch drivers. Unless and until pathetically designed with low grade components, those speakers can produce some serious noise.
Overall, I'd side with either the Dali IKONs or the Jamo Concerts.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I haven't heard the Dali Ikon 7 but I have a pair of 6's which I'm extremely happy with. I listen to a wide range of music genres and they are absolutely superb on vocals, acoustics, guitars, pianos and pretty damn good on bass too. I listen to them in a relatively small room at about 3.5m x 4.5m and they sound fantastic. In fact when I listen to my smaller system upstairs (Linn Classik and EPOS ELS3) it sounds like a poor relation.

I also have it hooked up to my DVD player and through a normal 2 channel amp/power amp combo and quite honestly I watched Babel through it last week which has some great music on the soundtrack and it was phenomenal. One day I may even get the full 5.1/7.1 system (if I move and have a bigger room).

I don't think you can go far wrong with this, certainly not in my experience and paired up with what I have. Anything from Groove Armada, James Lavelle, Carl Craig to The Beautiful South sounds detailed, warm, involving, crystal clear and impressive, all my mates who've heard it are very jealous.

Of course don't forget the cables and mains leads!!!!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
By the way if I were you, I would get the 6's and invest the extra in some drapes and a rug. All speakers will sound bright against a tiled floor. I thought I was bad enough with old wooden floorboards, but again it sounds great.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts