Upscaling DVD Player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm eagerly waiting the delivery of my new TV (Panasonic TH-37PX80) and am wondering if I should also be considering an upscaling dvd player.

Questions running through my head, aside from what's for lunch, are how well the upscaling players work?

Would one provide significantly better playback than my existing dvd player (Pioneer DV-350)?

and which one (if any) should I be considering to buy?

Your views are much appreciated as I really do not know anything about this topic.

A

Anonymous

Try it first. If you think it isn't very good then the Toshiba EP30 does a very good job of up-scaling for £80 and plays HD-DVD too! My Toshiba EP35 is great on a 46".

A

Anonymous

HDEP30 now down to £60 at Amazon! Bargain of the century?

A

Anonymous

Does seem a decent price.

Are there any alternatives I should be considering to get the best out of my DVD's?

Denon and Pioneer spring to mind as decent brands.

A

Anonymous

In my opinion you will find it difficult to beat the EP30 for up-scaling. At £60 I'd get one right now!

I've just ordered a £350 Panny BD30 Blu-ray which is supposed to be poor at up-scaling, so I guess I'll still be using the much cheaper Tosh!

A

Anonymous

emotion-2.gif
ok, thanks

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
just ordered the ep-30 from amazon for 60 notes, it comes with 2 hd disks, the bourne supremecy and 300...

as i had £50 worth of vouchers left over from my birthday, i got it for £10 of my own money :)

just need the TV to go with it now, perhaps the new panny 37in plasma...

Oldenbroke

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
Sorry all, just looked again and its gone...anyone remember Tommy Cooper?

They are selling the Pana BDP30 EG-K. Due for release next month. Any idea

what the difference is between this and the current non EG-K flavour?

A

Anonymous

Do you mean the BD30? It's available from John Lewis now and is a Profile 1.1 player, but most will need a new amp to get TrueHD. I've just had one delivered from Amazon, who are now out of stock.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts