Upgrading parents system - need recommendations for Freeview recorder

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As a birthday surprise for my dad I'm looking to buy him a replacement for his TV and DVD recorder (which is on its last legs)

That was the easy bit and I've found a TV and a Blu Ray player that I think he'll be happy with

The problem I'm left with is the DVD recorder funtionality - I know I can replace his old freeview box with a HD freeview PVR box but I know he'll want to keep some recordings indefinitely (or more to the point I know my mum will easily fill up 200 hours on the harddisk with programs she'll watch "later" [;)])

Can anyone recommend a HD freeview PVR box that will easily allow programs to be saved to, say, a USB flash drive - or do I have to look at one with a built in blu ray recorder?

Thanks in advance for your hrlp

A

Anonymous

Just got back of holiday - thanks for the suggestion - dumb question coming up........

Will a Freeview HD box pick up the non HD signal if you're in a non HD area or will it just get static?

A

Anonymous

Cheers - the HD signal won't be available in my folks area for a couple of months and I was concerned if I did the upgrade now they would have nothing to watch :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts