Upgrading my hifi system to streaming

JFT

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I have an alchemist kraken integrated amp, a kraken CD player with transport & DAC separated and proac tablet 2000 signature speakers.looking for advice on which streamer would do me and would my dac for the CD player work with just a receiver? I'm really in the dark about this, any advice would be appreciated.thanks

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
JFT said:
I have an alchemist kraken integrated amp, a kraken CD player with transport & DAC separated and proac tablet 2000 signature speakers.looking for advice on which streamer would do me and would my dac for the CD player work with just a receiver? I'm really in the dark about this, any advice would be appreciated.thanks
Sorry not familiar with the make of your amp/source... what is your budget? Mac www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

Macspur said:
JFT said:
Sorry not familiar with the make of your amp/source... what is your budget? Mac www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

Good old kit those Alchemist bits, if still going strong bravo. The OP needs to add a bit more information though. Is a streamer exactly what he needs? What source? The DAC in the CD player would, I imagine, be a bit redundant owing to its age.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
It is possible that a Chromecast Audio is all you need, depending on what you are streaming and how you want to control this. You could of course need something way more flexible

Depending on what inputs are on your DAC and at what resolution you intend, you can probably suss out how useful your existing DAC will be for your requirement

D

Deleted member 160668

I have an Arcam rBlink which works excellently. I can stream direct from phone/tablet/pc in very high quality Bluetooth. I've done a cd vs streaming comparison switching between inputs whilst on the same song and am incredibly impressed by sound quality. Is very little in it and the Arcam is bordering on CD quality (a bold claim but true). A very very good piece of tech.

Cannot recommend highly enough.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
JFT said:
Thanks guys. I've looked at some nice Yamaha pieces, anybody know of the cd-n301 or wxc-50?

Funnily enough a mate of mine is currently looking at a CD-N301. It looks like a great piece of kit for the money with AirPlay, DLNA and internet radio PLUS a CD Player to boot! I would go for that if I was in the market for a new streamer, but don't forget to factor in an extra £50-ish for the Yamaha wireless module if you can't connect it via Ethernet.

insider9

JFT said:
Thanks guys. I've looked at some nice Yamaha pieces, anybody know of the cd-n301 or wxc-50?

Been using WXC-50 for the last couple of months. It does so many things well. Definitely worth looking at if you're going to utilise all features. Otherwise there are more cost effective solutions.

I particularly like the fact it has two outputs (both pre and line out). I use one to connect an amp and the other directly to headphone amp. App is decent and wifi performance rather stable even with low quality signal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts