upgrade??

wilmot

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi I currently have the following set up-nad c545bee nad c355bee MA RS 6 speakers. Would i notice an inproved sound changing the amp for Roksan k2 and the speakers for kef Ls50 or i'm i better off sticking with what I have got

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
See if a local dealer has the stock for an audition or even better, a home demo. I'd say definitely a difference but whether you'll think it's improved is yet unknown. I'm given to understand those KEF's require a really solid amp to get the most out of and I've not heard them with the Roksan, I imagine it'd be a good match though.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I heard the LS50s I think they need a good powerful amp and not so good at low volumes and need a bit of space. You may want to consider the KEF R100s. Try some at a dealer and see what yo think. IMO speakers are the most important item.

FWIW the Nad, although a good amp, can be bettered. There are others that give a more balanced tonal presence and are more transparent. The Kandy K2 is a good call, as is Creek, Audio Analogue. I know from experience Monitor Audio Silver range needs really good amplfication. Not because they're difficult to drive but they just bristle with high quality amps.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:

Maybe your lovely Naim CDP could do with a nice brushed finish........you might love it more!

Wouldn't change the CDP for some time. It is what it is...

a thing of beauty I think, but pig-ugly next to Leema
smiley-laughing.gif

g777o

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
BigH said:
I heard the LS50s I think they need a good powerful amp and not so good at low volumes and need a bit of space. You may want to consider the KEF R100s. Try some at a dealer and see what yo think. IMO speakers are the most important item.

Mine seem to be OK at lower volumes, its just that they sound so good, so you want to crank them up at every given opportunity :rockout:

stevebrock said:
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:

Maybe your lovely Naim CDP could do with a nice brushed finish........you might love it more!

Wouldn't change the CDP for some time. It is what it is...

a thing of beauty I think, but pig-ugly next to Leema
smiley-laughing.gif

Beauty? Nah. More the case of average looks alongside a amp with average looks = hideous.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts