Upgrade Sub ??? Which One ??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I have a Pioneer AX3 Amp; Denon 2900 DVD; Set of Monitor Audio Bronze BR4 speakers.

The DVD is connected to the Amp via a Digital Co-axial only.

My sub has never really cut it for me. For instance, Independance Day when the building gets blown to bits, my sub might as well switch off so I presume its cause its a rubbish or weak sub. I was recommended the Monitor Audio RSW12 (£650).

First is it any good?

Second what other subs out there are comparable?

Now just a few more general questions if any one can help me.

My DVD set up offers Multi Channel / 2 Channel. As I do not have the DVD connected to the Amp with Multi Channel leads I have left this set up as 2 Channel - is that the right setting and should the DVD be connected with the Multi Channel leads? I was under the impression that the Digital Co-axial is all I need. After all I do not play SACD disks.

Last. I will be upgrading my TV to a Full HD model and I will be getting a Blue Ray DVD. My Amp isnt have HD compatible but does it really matter?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simon.

A

Anonymous

Have a look at the BK Monolith! Im more than happy with mine and im not alone check it out on google.

A

Anonymous

Hi Thanks for that.

I looked at the Monolith DF at a tad over £400. Its a big thing !!

Its like a big dilema, I have a smallish Monitor Audio ASW100 Sub wich rumbles but to me doesnt blow you away.

I have been looking at the following 3 subs now;

Monitor Audio RSW12 £650

MJ Acoustics Ref1 Mark 3 not sure of price.

And the Monolith DF £400ish.

Still scratching my head as its loads of dosh to coff up if it doesnt do what I want.

Could do with ahving all 3 in my house to test first.

But thanks for your reply.

Simon

A

Anonymous

Theres always the BK XLS 300 which is a shade under £400 but in a smaller unit (similar to the sixe of the MA RSW12). Many state the XLS is comparable to the Rel T1 which is £150 extra. It also know that BK are the OEM for MJA so you can be sure of the quality. However BK is direct so there is no highstreet support (thats why they are cheaper). If you what highstreet support go for Rel

A

Anonymous

Hi

I eventually got a Monitor Audio RSW12 Sub. I did check out the Monolith and it looked impressive and 'huge'.

Not sure how it compares to the RSW12 but I managed to get a full set of 7.1 speakers and a Onkyo TX-SR875 amp under 1 year old and all for £1500.

Anyhow the new sub has added more depth than I have ever heard at home before so I am well chuffed.

Thanks for all your ideas.

Simon

TRENDING THREADS