Upgrade options from Cambridge Audio Stream Magic v2?

siudai8888

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I bought my Cambridge Audio Stream Magic v2 about 9 months ago and am looking for an upgrade which gives higher resolution of orchestral music. Since I bought the SM v2, CA has released the Azur 851N which seems to use a different DAC chip. I have thought about buying a good DAC with USB connectivity but I like the convenience of network streaming from NAS. Might any of you have a recommendation for my upgrade? Is the Azur 851N different enough from SM v2 so that it is worth the upgrade? Or should I be looking at other brands e.g. Cyrus or any others? Your sharing will be appreciated, many thanks!

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
siudai8888 said:
I bought my Cambridge Audio Stream Magic v2 about 9 months ago and am looking for an upgrade which gives higher resolution of orchestral music. Since I bought the SM v2, CA has released the Azur 851N which seems to use a different DAC chip. I have thought about buying a good DAC with USB connectivity but I like the convenience of network streaming from NAS. Might any of you have a recommendation for my upgrade? Is the Azur 851N different enough from SM v2 so that it is worth the upgrade? Or should I be looking at other brands e.g. Cyrus or any others? Your sharing will be appreciated, many thanks!
There was a chap on here who did the same upgrade to the 851 rekons it was very good indeed, the CXN is going to be the same as the SM6, I tried a Linn Majik DS much prefered the SM6 now have a CXN, if you google it you will find the thread.

TRENDING THREADS