upgrade on a budget

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Most of my equipment is bordering on antique, and i don't have masses of money to spend but would like to start upgrading my system using the best budget equipment currently available.

Current equipment, if anyone can think back this far:

av receiver: Yamaha DSP A595a

main speakers: KEF Q15

centre: wharfdale valdus center

Rear: Wharfdale diamond 3!

Sub: Paradigm PDR 10

Player: Panasonic DMR BS750, Unexpected present from someone who didn't understand what i wanted.

Based on this i am guessing a front speaker upgrade would be the first option, maybe moving the Q15's to the rear channels?

Thinking maybe diamond 10.1s as main speakers and diamond 10cm centre?

Don't think I'm biased to wharfdale, just going by few reviews i've seen recently.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Nice AV/Amp, still pretty good in my opinion certainly not an antique lol.

If your on a limited or tight budget, yes go for a change of Centre Channel & Front Right / Left Speakers. Maybe a speaker cable upgrade would help depending on how old it is along with the speakers.

My speakers are not new either but still sound pretty good, with recent new amp, speaker cable & especially the Tacima CS929 ( I am going to get another 2 of these ) certainly all make to improve the sound.

Regards .. Paul

A

Anonymous

Ive got some b&w mt30s and b&w pv1 sub .All speakers mint(wall mounted) a couple of marks on sub due to kids. Everything sounds awesome backed up with arcam avr 300 and arcam dv79 . Optimum 4 shelve glass stand, £200 worth of interconnects.Just over 4 years old cost me nearly £5000 .Offers around £1700.

A

Anonymous

Mark,

would you consider splitting (I am looking for a 5.1 MT30 setup)

A

Anonymous

Yeh i would .If your interested give me a ring 07595893805

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts