Upgrade my Denon DM37s standard speakers to Wharfedale diamond 9.1 ???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have tried to search the forum to see if this has already been asked but am not used to these forums sorry!

I have a Denon DM37 with standard Denon speakers. I was thinking of purchasing some Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers as an upgrade. Is this a good combination?

I would be grateful of any opinions or if you could point me to a simular post. Thanks.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
thatsitivehadenough:
Hi, I have tried to search the forum to see if this has already been asked but am not used to these forums sorry!

I have a Denon DM37 with standard Denon speakers. I was thinking of purchasing some Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers as an upgrade. Is this a good combination?

I would be grateful of any opinions or if you could point me to a simular post. Thanks.

If you enter 'DM37 speakers' in the 'search forums' box near top of this page and then select 'Go' it will take you to several discussion threads about speakers for this unit. The Diamond 9.1s certainly one of the favoured choices.

Rick

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your help guys.

I only have £100 to spend and have found the Wharfedale 9.1s and also Tannoy F1 Customs for £100 online. As long as they sound better than the standard Denon speakers (not that I dont like the sound of them...I do!) I would be happy. One thing that concerns me is that most speakers than are recomended for the DM37 seem to be 8ohm where as the Wharfedales are 6ohm. Does this matter?

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
It won't matter at all. You may also find Monitor Audio BR1 speakers at a good price. The 'BR' range now been superceded but there seem to be a lot of BR1 speakers about at a good price. The Tannoys also very good and another of the favoured choices to go with the DM37.

Rich

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I use the Tannoys with the Denon in a bedroom system and can thoroughly recommend it, though I haven't heard the Wharfedales. This combination punches well above its weight IMO. They seem happy to be positioned anywhere and there is just something "right" about the sound with the Denon, afraid I can't be more specific but describing sound is not something I find easy...

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all your opinions. I will add the BR1s to my list also as they look nice which I know shouldn't matter but that's why I have not short listed Q Acoustics even though they are probably around the £100 mark with great reviews. I prefer that classic speaker look. The Tannoy seem a very popular choice dont they!

Also like to add I have Soundstyle stands already and use QED Anniversary cable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts