Upgrade help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there I am looking to upgrade my very tired system:- The current system is Arcam CD player CD72 Exposure X Amplifier integrated , ( just stopped working) Gale 301 speakers My view was to keep the CD72 and look to upgrade the older parts of the system, In terms of amps I was going to audition the Naim Nait 5i and the Roksan Kandy L III Mk3 Maybe Fatman tube?, My amp budget is around £750 ish , the Speakers to audition were Kef Iq5SE , Monitor audio Bronze BR5, Monitor audio RS6 Silver, again a budget up to £750. I listen to Rock mainly and some Classical I like music to sound smooth as I've got older, not to tiring , not too bright, If anyone has any ideas I would be really happy to accept any advice. I would also like to listen with Headphones ( GradoSR60) and would also like to have an input for my iPod Many thanks, in advance

A

Anonymous

cheers
I'll contact Exposure directly
What do you think about my speaker choices or should I spend the saved cash on a new CD player?

A

Anonymous

the cd 72 is a very good cd player and will still hold its own against other cd players of similar price.I have a cd 73 and ,having also heard the 72 ,i think there is not much between the 2. i would keep it. if you like smooth music that is not too bright, don't buy a Roksan kandy. Its a good amp but is not exactly smooth and coupled with monitor audio could be a bit bright.I agree with the last poster that exposure amps are great and you could either try to fix yours or get another exposure. As for speakers, the BR5's are good but you could go for get better with your system.Why not demo the silver 5's? they are only £50 more than bronze 5's.They are not as full on sounding either. The silver 6's are also great.They are seriously heavy weight sounding speakers! Seven oaks are currently doing 25% off all mon audio speakers ( i just bought some RS1's) so if you want to demo them, now is the time to do it.

A

Anonymous

"would also like to have an input for my iPod
Many thanks, in advance"

You might be better to buy a suitable ipod dock that will let you plug it into your existing (or a replacement if you go down that road) amp, rather than have to choose an amp around it having an ipod input.

A

Anonymous

Hi Thanks, agreed, I'm not building everything around the iPod. I'm thinking I'll try to audition the Monitor Audio range, I've contacted Exposure and await their input in terms of the ten
Thanks again

A

Anonymous

I'm going to listen to the RS6 Silver tomorrow, with my exposure X.

A

Anonymous

Hi
I managed to borrow a pair of Monitor Audio RS6 Silver .
The sound is great on most stuff I've tried so far, I am using a CD72 and my good old Exposure X integrated which is working well. I find that the silvers are a little bit bass heavy in our room.
We also listened to pair of Focals in the shop floorstanders again around £600 which sounded a little bit more refined.
I am now planning to borrow a pair of the focals.
The CD player will I think get upgraded to a CD5X
Anyone any ideas about other floorstanders in this price area that would alos be worth listening to
thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts