Upgrade from Denon AVR-2113 to AVR-X2700H/X3700H?

JeroenD

Jan 14, 2022
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm currently running a Denon AVR-2113 with the B&W MT-50 speaker package. I recently upgraded my tv to an LG OLED65G1RLA.

I'm considering to upgrade my AVR-2113 to a Denon AVR-X2700H. I don't really need the AVR-X2700H for video since I can run all my devices straight to the tv and then use HDMI eARC to the AVR-2113 for the sound only.

Do you think the AVR upgrade (Dolby Atmos?) is worth the money or will the difference in sound quality be negligible?

Thanks!

Jeroen

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Well Dolby 5.1.2 will be a bit more immersive for sure but actual sound quality won't be all that different. Might be better getting a couple of year old Denon from the class above (3xxx series) and benefitting from more headroom and better Audessey (XT32) setup?

JeroenD

Jan 14, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for your reply! So it sounds like an upgrade to an avr-x2700h will make only a minor difference. I was also considering the avr-x3700h, so it sounds like if I upgrade, I better stretch to the higher range, which is not an issue as long as there’s a noticeable difference.

Thanks again for the advice!

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
I went from an X2000 Denon to the 3300W Denon about 18 months ago. In terms of sound quality the difference isn't that great (clarity of sound for example is similar), however, I can push it a little louder than previously before the sound starts to harden, but the biggest difference I noticed was the improved version of Audessey. The sound seems to gel together better, effects steering seems better and it's now not so much about the sound coming from specific speakers, the sound is just 'there' where it should be. For spending the kind of money you would be looking at I would be asking for a home trial of the amp I was considering purchasing before parting with my cash. I think you'll notice a difference, but whether it satisfies your opinion of a little bit better or a lot better is only something you can decide 👍

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts