Upgrade from an iPhone 4S to iPhone 5C - should I or not?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Agreed - the main difference is the size of the screen (bit bigger, but not massively different) and the speed of the processor (probably not that noticeable most of time).

Wait to see what the iPhone 6 is like if you want to sitck with an iPhone, otherwise I'd probably go either for a Sony Xperia Z1 or a Google Nexus 5 (were I having to upgrade right this minute).

Personally I'm hanging on to my 4S until the 6 comes out and then I'll make a decision.

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheers guys - much appreciated. That is me settled then and with £320 more in my pocket then. :)

:cheers:

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Apart from screen size then no difference. However, upgraded my 4s to 5s because battery was running down too quickly and only upgraded for this reason due to me using it for work. The 4s feels and looks better in terms of quality. The 5s in my opinion feels cheap and plasticky...

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
Apart from screen size then no difference. However, upgraded my 4s to 5s because battery was running down too quickly and only upgraded for this reason due to me using it for work. The 4s feels and looks better in terms of quality. The 5s in my opinion feels cheap and plasticky...

Cheers. :cheers:

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
I've just upgraded from an 8gb 4 to a 64gb 5 (same processor as the 5C) - the screen is a little bigger but the biggest boon is not running out of memory all the time - and it's quite a bit faster.

there are still some 64gb 5s on O2 I think - £50 down then £20pm plus your airtime contract. Hope this helps!

Paul.

Going from a 4 to a 5 doesn't seem like a big deal... until you have to go back to the 4!

For me, the biggest upgrade was the camera. I carry a camera far less now. It is acceptable for all no-artistic endeavours. Swipe panorama genuinely works better on my 5 than it does on my Sony NEX camera.

petehayman

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from a 4s 32GB to a 5c 16GB not so long ago and, if I'm truthful, I don't notice a whole load of difference in the performance. It *seems* a little quicker in response, the camera is improved and it's lighter in weight... but the main point I guess is that 4G is notably quicker.

D

Deleted member 2457

petehayman said:
I upgraded from a 4s 32GB to a 5c 16GB not so long ago and, if I'm truthful, I don't notice a whole load of difference in the performance. It *seems* a little quicker in response, the camera is improved and it's lighter in weight... but the main point I guess is that 4G is notably quicker.

nads

went from a 4s to a 5s.

main differences it is lighter. there is no glass back to crack. can use parts of my body to unlock it. Music does sound "better"

seems to have less free space on it compared to the 4s might be Vodaphone bloatwaare?

headphone jack is at the bottom. otherwise quite similar but snappier in useage.

D

Deleted member 2457

nads said:
went from a 4s to a 5s.

main differences it is lighter. there is no glass back to crack. can use parts of my body to unlock it. Music does sound "better"

seems to have less free space on it compared to the 4s might be Vodaphone bloatwaare?

headphone jack is at the bottom. otherwise quite similar but snappier in useage.

A

Anderson

I vote for either the Experia Z1 or HTC One, the offerings from Apple are not compelling.

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 6 has been released right now and I don't think it's necessary to upgrade old version to 5 or 6. The experience is really similar but just increase some sense of showing off
wink_smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Nepheler said:
why not add some budget and get an iPhone 6 instead?
I've worked out I don't need a new phone or otherwise an iPhone 6 would probably be top of my list.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts