Chord Mojo with iPhone

Noddy

Mar 16, 2023
www.EnglishFungi.org
I replaced the battery in my Chord Mojo, and it now works with my integrated amp and Wiim Mini. However it did not work with my iPhone. I tested the Apple camera adapter, and it did not allow me to browse a USB flash drive, proving that it is broken, Okay, so I ordered a third party camera adapter. That allows my iPhone to browse a flash drive, which is good, but it does not work with the Mojo. The on off ball illuminates when the iPhone is playing indicating that it detects a source, but the iPhone plays using its speakers, not through the Mojo. The camera adapter’s packet claims it works with external music players.

So, has anyone experience with the Mojo and third party camera adapters? Do they work with the Mojo? I suspect the Mojo’s USB output is not working, but I cannot see a way to test this. I don’t want to go to an Apple shop, as they charge £45 for the adapter.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Have you tried plugging in another device such as a laptop? My phone and camera adaptor is not stable at all going into my qutest within about 5 mins leading to nothing but white noise. My wife's iPad and camera adaptor are fine though i can't use apple music as Apple in all their wisdom dont allow sign-in on other people's devices, you can only add a family plan making you spend more money.

Id be heavily surprised if there is anything wrong with the USB on the chord, if there is it's normally very obvious just by looking inside the port.

Noddy

Mar 16, 2023
www.EnglishFungi.org
Have you tried plugging in another device such as a laptop? My phone and camera adaptor is not stable at all going into my qutest within about 5 mins leading to nothing but white noise. My wife's iPad and camera adaptor are fine though i can't use apple music as Apple in all their wisdom dont allow sign-in on other people's devices, you can only add a family plan making you spend more money.

Id be heavily surprised if there is anything wrong with the USB on the chord, if there is it's normally very obvious just by looking inside the port.
I’ved used three camera adapters (two Apple, one third party), and two USB to USB cables. I’ve used my iPhone and my iPod. It’s FUBARed. The micro USB socket looks fine under a loupe, it’s probably the electronics,

It was only ever used at home, and at my desk at work.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
I’ved used three camera adapters (two Apple, one third party), and two USB to USB cables. I’ve used my iPhone and my iPod. It’s FUBARed. The micro USB socket looks fine under a loupe, it’s probably the electronics,

It was only ever used at home, and at my desk at work.
You must of stabbed it good and proper. I’m sure it can be repaired if you’re willing

Noddy

Mar 16, 2023
www.EnglishFungi.org
You must of stabbed it good and proper. I’m sure it can be repaired if you’re willing
Yes it can be repaired, but Chord would charge a forune, as they are a lifestyle product company. A replacement battery is £100 for goodness sake.

As for anyone else repairing it, I doubt it, it has lots of very small components and some chips, diagnosing which has blown would not be easy.

It still works as a DAC with an amp using the optical input, so I’ll keep it in case I need it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts