Upgrade Amplifier

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

scene

Good. I was also going to suggest the Silver 100's as there is still more to be had from the C352 :)
Agree - if you like the sound of the BX2, the silver 100 are a good choice and definitely a step up from the bronze.

I'd definitely look at upgrading the speakers before the amp - unless you go for active speakers. And the AE1 actives are worth auditioning as well.

Reactions: knaithrover
D

Deleted member 108165

Ok I think I will upgrade the speakers first and then go from there. Thanks for everyone’s assistance
Please come back with your thoughts and opinions. Feedback is always welcome here (y)

Dom

giphy.gif

Good afternoon

i currently have a Pro-Ject 1 Xpression turntable which I added the upgrade kit to and upgraded the cartridge to the AT440MLB, the amplifier is a NAD C352 and the speakers are the Monitor audio bronze 2.

i am thinking about upgrading my amp and potentially the turntable, but would want to run it on a new amp until I make that call.

i am looking at the Cambridge Audio CXA60,61,80,81. However not sure if the 80 or 81 are too much for what I have, also very pric in comparison to the 60 or 61.

i have looked at the Marantz PM6006 UK However its not very aesthetically pleasing to look out.

would prefer something that has a phono stage and DAC built in.
To be honest don’t want to spend more than £750

any ideas guys.

Thanks
I used to own a Pro-ject Xpression 1. Very good table for the money. Like others have said, different speakers are a good place to start. Having heard the NAD 352 they match well with Monitor Audio Silvers, Focal, PMCs...

The 352 is very punchy but does require open speakers to hear them at their best.

D

Deleted member 160668

or look for a sh Arcam A29

shameless plug.... I'm about to sell mine... pm me if interested.

Edit - I was quoting a comment earlier in stream but it hasn't worked!

mjg060468

May 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi all. Thank you for all your feedback. Have chosen the Monitor Audio Silver 100s. Just going through the running in process. Music Matters in Solihull what a great team.

k77stan

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Good afternoon

i currently have a Pro-Ject 1 Xpression turntable which I added the upgrade kit to and upgraded the cartridge to the AT440MLB, the amplifier is a NAD C352 and the speakers are the Monitor audio bronze 2.

i am thinking about upgrading my amp and potentially the turntable, but would want to run it on a new amp until I make that call.

i am looking at the Cambridge Audio CXA60,61,80,81. However not sure if the 80 or 81 are too much for what I have, also very pric in comparison to the 60 or 61.

i have looked at the Marantz PM6006 UK However its not very aesthetically pleasing to look out.

would prefer something that has a phono stage and DAC built in.
To be honest don’t want to spend more than £750

any ideas guys.

Thanks
I have the NAD C352BEE and have thought about upgrading many times, but unless you spent north of a grand im not sure you'll get much more.. Its a really good amp. The PM6006 does have a dac and will sound different but not sure better..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts