Question Upgrade advice

dkontos

Apr 24, 2021
Visit site
My system is a Rotel A11 Tribute amp, Marantz CD5001, Focal Aria 906 and Yamaha WXAD-10 streamer. I am thinking of an upgrade and I can either change my streamer for a new ifi zen stream and a Denafrips Ares 2 DAC or add a Rel 5 Tx (...or 7Tx) and leave the streamer-DAC upgrade for later. Which do you think that will have the most audiable benefit in my system ? Which route should I take ?

How much do you use your CD player?
I am working on the principle that most benefits will be seen by upgrading source or speakers. I know little about your Yamaha streamer other than the fact it is considered to be good.

dkontos

Apr 24, 2021
Visit site
How much do you use your CD player?
I am working on the principle that most benefits will be seen by upgrading source or speakers. I know little about your Yamaha streamer other than the fact it is considered to be good.
I do not use the CD so often any more, even though that i have a lot of CD's. Mostly streaming.... The idea is to get a much better DAC plus a streamer to use Tidal connect, as my yamaha uses only its native app which is very primitive. On the other hand, I think that I miss the additional benefit of a subwoofer in my system. But for now, I can only take one of these..... either the DAC or the subwoofer....

Tinman1952

Thanks. Are there any other suggestions for a Dac below 400 euros, I would like it to have a bit of "warm" character.
If the Ares II is too expensive and you like the Zen Stream then the Zen DAC v2 is a great choice. Together they make an excellent combination... the Burr Brown DAC is often described as 'warm' but very clean and detailed too. 👍

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts