Hi all

I currently have a Yamaha RX-V663 with some Boston Accoustics MCS 100's. The system is mostly for watching movies but I also stream my music from Google Play through my Chromecast.

As there is always a need for better, I'm looking arround for upgrades. I was thinking about replacing the Receiver with the Denon AVR-X2200W and the speakers with either Dali Zensor 1 5.1 or Jamo S628 HCS with a Jamo J112 SUB.

What do you think? Worthy or not? Better options?

Thx

Filip

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
What are your objectives?

Just better? If so, just better what?

Are you looking to upgrade from, I dunno, 5.1 surround sound, to 7.1 or 7.2? Or even more speakers?

Is you goal better movies or better "proper stereo"?

Are you interested in Atmos or DTS:X with high level, in-ceiling or even just bounce-off-the-ceiling Atmos speakers? (The latter is likely to be a disappointment and / or a waste of time IMHO).

Do you have, or are you thinking about, a 4K UHD TV?

And most importantly, Elvis or Buddy Holly?

The main objective is to have a better surround and deeper bass.

I wanna stick with the 5.1 setup and I'm not really interested in Atmos or DTS:X.

And I'm also not in the market for a new tv yet. I'm still very happy with my Panasonic plasma.

Definetly Elvis :)

I listen to al sort of music, streaming from google play. I have a Chromecast connected to one of the HDMI ports on the receiver.

thx

Filip

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Wrong answer. Hint: I'm in Texas...

Go to Argos.

No. Seriously. Look at some of the higher end AVRs from Marantz, Denon or Pioneer Elite, or the boutique offerings from the likes of Arcam, Oppo, etc. They're a bit behind the times but if you only want 5.1 that won't matter.
Then buy some decent speakers and a subwoofer the size of a radio telescope dish.
You can probably get around the DHCP, 4k / 60 Hz pass-through etc if / when you do upgrade by using the dual HDMI outputs of 4k BDPs - one goes to the 4k TV and the second (audio only) goes to the receiver. The Panasonic even has discrete 7.1 analogue audio outputs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts