Upgrade advice from old NAD / Dynaudio system

Pob64

Sep 11, 2024
Visit site
Hi,
My elderly current system is a FiiO M11 Pro DAC into a NAD 320BEE amp and Dynaudio Audience 42 speakers. I’ve moved to FLAC files of all my CDs and mainly Tidal streaming now.

I’m not sure what the weakest point is in my old set up but I’m thinking of a CA EVO 75 streamer and Dynaudio Emit 30 speakers.

Does this seem like a worthwhile upgrade and a good pairing?
Is the Emit 30 a good step up from my 20 year old Audience speakers (I’m very fond of them)?
Any better suggestions?

Many thanks…

Hi,
My elderly current system is a FiiO M11 Pro DAC into a NAD 320BEE amp and Dynaudio Audience 42 speakers. I’ve moved to FLAC files of all my CDs and mainly Tidal streaming now.

I’m not sure what the weakest point is in my old set up but I’m thinking of a CA EVO 75 streamer and Dynaudio Emit 30 speakers.

Is the Emit 30 a good step up from my 20 year old Audience speakers (I’m very fond of them)?
Any better suggestions?

Many thanks…
The Emit 30 are floorstanders and entry level at that. If your Audiance 42 are still going fine I would keep them.

twinkletoes

Hi,

Any better suggestions?

Many thanks…
I think it looks like it would be a fine sounding system, id leave well alone till something goes wrong

gasolin

Get a better amp

You have preout on the nad amp get something better

The Fosi audio mono v3 or the topping B100 alos mono

cheap

Double the price

Fandango Andy

Hi,

Any better suggestions?

Many thanks…

Although old, you have good speakers, and a good amp, if they work and you like them, stick with them! Add a streamer, never heard the CA, but it has a very good reputation.

If you are tempted to change your speakers, see if you can borrow a pair to do a comparison with what you have.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts