Updating stereo system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Im wanting to replace my old sony stereo but not sure what with at the moment. I have been looking a bose and sonos but am getting confused as what to get. I do know i want the sound to be amazing as i love blasting my music and i have a large living room 6x5 metres so need something reasonably powerfull. Dont want anything hughly expensive just something smaller than my old stereo with a nice sound. Can anyone suggest something for me please. cheers mitzi

A

Anonymous

What is your budget?

Do you have room for the speakers to be positioned away frm the walls by about 12 inches?

What kind of sound do you like?

How would you like to play your music? From a PC, streamed to the Hi-Fi, or CD?

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
mitzic said:
I do know i want the sound to be amazing as i love blasting my music (...) need something reasonably powerfull.

versus

mitzic said:
Dont want anything hughly expensive just something smaller than my old stereo

hi. for me it all sounds like contradictingrequirements. it's like wanting a power horse PC in a smartphone.

how big was your old Sony stereo? just to have an idea at what box size you're looking at.

A

Anonymous

Hi yes i have room for the speaker positioning my budget is up to £1000 but pref cheaper and i mostly play my music through my mp3 player and play cds.

A

Anonymous

sorry i havnt a clue how powerful it is i meant that i want something smaller in size as mine was a bit bulky. My system is 12 years old and is an old style to it is a sony SSMDX10 and has a mini disc player which i never use and a twin tape player which i never use either . Dont know what size the speakers are though

A

Anonymous

For that budget I would go for an all-in-one system, as getting separates+speakers that include a good digital player can easily go over your figure. I suggest you try the Marantz M-CR603 with powerful sounding speakers like Dynaudio DM2/6. Alternatively, if you don't need the network connectivity, the M-CR502 will do just as well.

A cheaper option would be to go for Wharfedale speakers (they're mentioned regularly on the forum) or Monitor Audio, but I have very little experience with them. For separates, I think you might be looking at Cambridge Sonata but most separates require a separate DAC for digital audio .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts