• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Unused speakers

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Hello lovely audiophiles - just a question. Is not using the loudspeakers and storing them for a longer time ( let us say a year ) right after production detrimental ? I mean If I connect the speakers which have not been in use, will they sound worse ? ( and I do not mean burn in the time, I mean generally ) The same with speakers which are rarely used from demo rooms. Sorry if this question is a bit crazy...

Gray

Nov 27, 2015
Stored at room temperature, they will sound no worse.

I stored some new Kefs for several months prior to use.

All new speakers have been stored before you get them.

Al ears

stereoman said:
Stored as said at room temperature, inside and away from damp atmosphere then they should be fine. Obviously they are made to be used and rubber surrounds on bass drivers can perish but it depends a lot on timescale and conditions.

cheyworth

Jul 13, 2008
shouldn't be a problem. Some speakers could sit at a dealers for a long time before sale, so if you are buying new try to find the manufacture date.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts