Unused kit

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
What kit have you accumulated unused in your loft/garage/hidden under a bed, which for whatever reason you can't get rid of/can't bear to part with?

Hidden in various places around my home I can admit to having:

• An early 1970s Dynatron HFC101 radiogram with a GL75 t/t (was my dad's and I can't bear to part with it)
• An Akai 4000DB tape recorder and about a dozen tapes (as above)
• A Technics SC-HD51 micro hifi system with matching speakers and an MD recorder (in the 'master' bedroom but unused for years)
• A Technics SL-6 turntable
• A pair of Wharfedale 7.1 Active Diamonds
• A Mission Cyrus 1 amp (late design with flick switch, painted black)
• A Mission Cyrus 2 amp (as above. I keep threatening to buy a PSX for it and use it, but I can never find one for sale on its own)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Normally, I dont. To much clutter but I have a mint pair of Mordaunt Short MS10i and a as new pair of MS20i Pearls, used for about a month and boxed. They are superb and I couldn't get myself to sell them even though I dont use them, figure that.

I have to modify an AV Receiver and repair a Marantz PM66 amplifier which belongs to a friend and have the cabling to re-wire both the MS speakers internally. I will also drill the tweeter magnet assembly to allow free rear-back radiation of the dome and add a metal rod bracing. Probably convert the the bi-wiring of the 20's to single too whilst I'm at it.

I will take pictures of all of it and post in a DIY thread when all is done.

regards

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I have 6 B+W VM1 speakers, from when I went AV, sat in their boxes in the loft. Various 'set-top-boxes' are up there to because of early adoption of tech that then gets updated.

I can just never be bothered to faff about trying to sell things, just like a lot of previous stuff I will probably give it away on Freecycle because charity shops just cannot/will not accept such things.

Paul.

I tend to donate stuff to family when it is no longer needed. I gave a Marantz PM44 SE and KEF Cresta 10s to my brother (mainly because I hated watching films at his house as TV speakers are naff) and am giving my TV to the father in law when I upgrade early next year. I do have a PS3 and a Wii currently unplugged though!

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
still got tannoys R2's beautiful speakers. Cn't part with them.Also a panasonic dvd recorded. A sony mini disc recorder. A pioneer cd recorder. I had all this recorders in the early days day when most of studio recording was mostly hardware base, as suppose to now adays most stuff is software base.

That has got me thinking I could use one of them as transport for another system in another room with my tannoy speakers. :?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
My Old Arcam A65+ and CD72T are in the loft. I'm waiting until I finally have the money/time/inclination to convert my garage into a rehearsal room/studio, then they'll go in there. Even if I had no plans to use them, there's no point selling them as they tend to go for peanuts.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Arcam Alpha 8 amp and 7 CDP. My first Hi-Fi really, got them sitting in a box.

I’ve got an old B&O Beo master deck and amp which I tried years ago and never really used, pretty sure it sounds fairly naff but just like the fact it has wood in it.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
A pair of black Partington Super Dreadnoughts

A Partington Minim AV rack

A pair of Spendor S3e's

A Nad 521 BEE CD player

A kef C90 Reference Centre

A Sony STR-d1200es AV Amp

Mission M Cube 5.1 Surround speakers and sub

2 x 7m runs of Chord Odyssey 2 cables

1 x Chord Chamellion XLR cable

You never know hen you might need it!

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
Ahem...

Mordaunt-Short MS3.10 (2 pairs) (the person who first introduced me to hifi had some of these!)

Mission: 731LE, 773e, 780*, 753, 751Freedom*

TDL: RTL3SE, RTL G30 (no treble to speak of, with either model- the G30s may get tweeter upgrades soon)

Yamaha NS-M300 (surprisingly capable, great looking mini monitors)

Myryad Z140 (broken. Badly. Should just throw away.)

Pioneer A400 (not at all well, but operational)

Acoustic Solutions amp jobbie (inherited) (actually not too bad!)

Denon 5-channel heavy amp thing (huge power but huge leccy bill. Also no remote so bass filter stuck on 80Hz...)

Rotel RA-02/RB-03 combo, RA935BX*, RA930BX

Technics SU-A900mk2*

Marantz CD6000OSE*

Dirty great dual-CD flight-cased mixing desk DJ console thing with Denon CD units (one deck broken)

Nakamichi CR2 tape deck (left outside house with 'please take' note) (as yet untested, but probably knackered)

Musical Fidelity X-DAC (bought on whim, never used)

Audio Alchemy DDE v1 DAC (see above)

...Those marked with a * are those which are currently in use...

I think that's all of it.

:?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
How much does this site need a trading section? :shifty:

Never used

- Sony TCK 4A Cassette Deck

- Panasonic VHS Player

- Kef IQ Dipoles

Seldom used

- Linn Karik/Numerik