Universal Remotes

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Can anybody recommend a small universal remote that will control NAD components? I want a small unit with few buttons. I can only find highly sophisticated options designed to control 15 home theater components. Major over-kill for my needs. Thx.

A

Anonymous

Logitech Harmony 1000 can be set for any remote/brand with an internet based set-up which is fantastic to use.

If this is too large or too much, I think their cheaper models may be set up in the same way - so able to handle any brand....

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Evening Jax

I have both the harmony 1000 and the harmony one. The 1000 is really cool - looks like a gadget from Star Trek complete with a funky charger dock. The interface is superb too - but its weird using two hands to control a remote. I tried to get used to it but bought a harmony one when I couldn't.

It works a treat - exactly the same software as the 1000 and a snap to set up. Press listen to music and it turns off the tv, sky box and AV amp and turns on the quad kit!

Recommended.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks LM. I'll check it out.

The NAD remote is truly awful. First of all, it has way to many buttons. I really just want to control the CDP and the volume. That's all I need. But the biggest problem with it is that it has mode buttons on the top so you have to hit the CD mode button to control the CDP. But get this, after a few minutes, it switches back to AMP mode ALL BY ITSELF! So next time you try to pause the CDP or skip a track it does not respond. Even worse, the CDP buttons have dual functions so when you think you are pausing the CDP, instead you change the AMPs input selector because its the same button and the MODE switched automatically while idle!!! Worst design ever. Ugh!

Rant over... LOL...

nad_sr8_remote.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts