Uniti Star, or not Uniti Star!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

James83

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Send the damned thing back, it's faulty and is never going to work properly. Keep it too long and it'll be out of guarantee and then you can kiss goodbye to any gentlemen's agreement you may currently have with Audio T and Rega. Send it back and get a replacement now!

Have no fear.
All had previously been agreed with AudioT a few hours before.

I had 2 prices agreed on a Planar 6, depending on whether the Saturn failed on me again or not. It's not a massive difference, as AudioT agreed a good price on the TT anyway. I'm sure they will give Rega the difference to cough up now!!

The replacement is still being delivered from Rega to AudioT as well. A quick word on my part, and we will swap them, no quibbles. Everybody is being very good over it.

What worries me, is a review I read, written 5years ago, where they had 2 Saturn's on the trot fail with the same fault I've had.
So think I may be making recordings on my phone when I get the next one. In case it has similar faults. Best to have evidence.

Fingers crossed that doesn't happen though.

James83

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Well the replacement Saturn is with me.
It's been tested in the shop the past couple days, with no adverse findings!

Audio T tested my first one, and said it started playing up straight away.
It is also obvious, that even when it wasn't skipping, the first unit wasn't sounding as good as it should.

Also got a new Planar 6.
What a revelation compared to the Planar 1.
Whilst I couldn't put my finger on it exactly, something told me that the Planar 1 was holding the Elicit and RX3 back.
Plugging the P6 in, and everything seems to be singing much better.
Lovely turntable. Amazing how light the plinth is.

Audio T had my Saturn plugged into an Aethos and some large B&Ws.
The B&Ws certainly have a bigger soundstage compared to the RX3s. But not surprising when you look at their size and price!!
Liked the look of the Aethos. Built like a tank, as all Rega stuff seems to be.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts