UK market amplifier into EU socket

jimitom

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone. If I were to buy an amplifier online from UK, what would it take to make it go into a standard EU wall outlet? The amp model would be Yamaha a-s500 or a-s501. As I can see these amps don't have a detachable power cable, so I was wondering is there a painless and cheap solution to this situation? Thanks, Tom

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
jimitom said:
Hello everyone. If I were to buy an amplifier online from UK, what would it take to make it go into a standard EU wall outlet? The amp model would be Yamaha a-s500 or a-s501. As I can see these amps don't have a detachable power cable, so I was wondering is there a painless and cheap solution to this situation? Thanks, Tom

Im wrong you can use a simple adaptor or you can cut the wire and fit your own plug but be careful as you might invalidate the warranty. Id check with the dealer or the company that makes the amp.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Is to use an extension cable with 2-4 uk sockets wired back to a euro plug. My whole system ran like this in Spain.

Word of warning though, depending on where you are in europe, your mains may be much lower than that in the uk. In my house in a market town in rural Andalucia, measured just 212 volts in the evenings.

jimitom

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies all. I suppose that I shouldn't worry too much then.. If I get a UK amp then I'll just get a convrter. I think those voltage oscilations are normal, but I'll definitelly try to measure mine, just in case.. Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS