UE46F6500 opinions & ideal settings

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Hello all

I have the SAMSUNG UE46F6500,to me its an improvement over my previous SAMSUNG,but what do you think of this TV ?

Also,can you recomend any ideal settings for the picture please

Many thanks

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Thank you both for the help.

I tried Movie Mode ,cant say I liked the quality of the colours ,then tried Dynamic ,that was terrible ,in my ipinion

I know it cant take a while to obtain the correct picture ,it looks OK to me ,but I know it can be improved

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
near dark said:
Hi,

Thank you both for the help.

I tried Movie Mode ,cant say I liked the quality of the colours ,then tried Dynamic ,that was terrible ,in my ipinion

I know it cant take a while to obtain the correct picture ,it looks OK to me ,but I know it can be improved

Movie mode is by far the best starting point - turn the backlight down to around 10, contrast up to around 85 and just play around with the rest of the settings until you're happy - I found that mine (55inch version) took some time to 'run in' so's to speak.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I have a previous incarnation of this set. Set to movie and adjust the backlight, contrast and brightness to your liking.

Start with all motion processing turned off. Then with a panning scene adjust until you found the right balance.

For more accurate adjustments use the THX feature that comes free with some blurays/dvds.

finally, some tips here: http://www.avforums.com/review/samsung-f6500-ue40f6500-led-lcd-television-review.9680

TRENDING THREADS