Ty Dolla Sign......

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
Everybody's a critic.....

Guys, guys just listen to the tracks suggested before digging deeper..... :-D

I'm not a hip hop fan (in fact Vlad your choices..... No!) but to my ears this album goes beyond hip hop, this guy can sing!

And it is way beyond what the likes of Beiber and alot of mainstream is doing which is karaoking the bejesus out of hip hip.

This is the Blues!

In isolation this Ty Dolla is singing from what HE knows and understands from HIS perspective but the music is 'intelligent' and very well structured.....good talent amongst the producers.

Pay attention to 'Credit'.....at some point in time I'm sure most men can relate to this track.

Play it on your big system and turn it up!

Don't overdose trying to take in the whole album or playlist, focus on the tracks individually - ignore the thugness and allow yourself to connect.

And turn it up......

I know that different people have different tastes and I respect that. But come on.

I was trying to be polite earlier when I said that it's not to my taste. It's bland, talentless, moronic music even by hip-hop standards which are usually pretty low to start with.

Give Arrested Development a try if you want to hear good hip-hop music.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I've listened to any hip hop since the Wu Tang and I'm afraid my tastes in rap got frozen back when Public Enemy were in their prime (because who doesn't love James Brown funk sampled and looped into sirens).

Interesting fact - worst concert I've ever been to was De La Soul. Twice.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Thompsonuxb said:

I'm not a hip hop fan (in fact Vlad your choices..... No!) but to my ears this album goes beyond hip hop, this guy can sing!

And it is way beyond what the likes of Beiber and alot of mainstream is doing which is karaoking the bejesus out of hip hip.

This is the Blues!

In isolation this Ty Dolla is singing from what HE knows and understands from HIS perspective but the music is 'intelligent' and very well structured.....good talent amongst the producers.

Pay attention to 'Credit'.....at some point in time I'm sure most men can relate to this track.

Don't overdose trying to take in the whole album or playlist, focus on the tracks individually - ignore the thugness and allow yourself to connect.

And turn it up......

I know that different people have different tastes and I respect that. But come on.

I was trying to be polite earlier when I said that it's not to my taste. It's bland, talentless, moronic music even by hip-hop standards which are usually pretty low to start with.

Steve, I already have music by the artist you mentioned. I can't argue with anyone or force them to like this music.

I'm just sharing - as they say suck it and see - no gun being held to anyone's head.

I respect the fact you took time to give it a try though...... :)

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
steve_1979 said:
Thompsonuxb said:

This is the Blues!

And turn it up......

I know that different people have different tastes and I respect that. But come on.

Steve, I already have music by the artist you mentioned. I can't argue with anyone or force them to like this music.

I'm just sharing - as they say suck it and see - no gun being held to anyone's head.

I respect the fact you took time to give it a try though...... :)

I gave all of the songs in that list a go but no way it's just not for me.

That's one of the interesting things about music there's no right or wrong just peoples different tastes. I bet that most people on here would hate my dubstep compilation playlist. ;)

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:
This guy also as a great voice and could mature into a big thing......

He has an electronically tuned voice.

Maybe, who doesn't these days. He sounds great via my speakers.

It's probably been posted before but it still makes laugh and cringe at the same time *biggrin*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Rhh_4GZmU

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:

This is the Blues!

And turn it up......

I am a hip hop fan and again it's everything wrong with mainstream hip-hop today.

TrevC

Thompsonuxb said:
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:

People that can sing don't.

Lol..... I'd disagree with you on that even Elvis had a little help

Didn't sound like Sparky though, did he?

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:

He has an electronically tuned voice.?

Who's sparky?

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
Thompsonuxb said:

This is the Blues!

And turn it up......

I am a hip hop fan and again it's everything wrong with mainstream hip-hop today.

Pls expand what's wrong with this guy's album or the music on it?

To me this is not hip hop.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I'm really happy I don't have kids, because if I had to listen to the **** that most kids listen to for even 5 minutes a day, I'd go insane.

I didn't like it, nothing new, and really uninteresting.

This is quality Hip-Hop, and this.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Electro said:
Thompsonuxb said:
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:

It's probably been posted before but it still makes laugh and cringe at the same time *biggrin*

OMG! *lol*

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Always thought Thommo had suspect taste, now I know for sure, must say this is probably the worst "music" I have ever heard, people actually pay money to listen to that? Whats intelligent about F........ N.......s, yes very clever.

Vladimir said:
Electro said:
Thompsonuxb said:
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:

OMG! *lol*
That cracked me up too, Vlad, brilliant!

For a complete contrast, here's a quality new recording I've only read about today. A nicely produced ten minute video previewing it, of particular interest to me because I used to attend the recording venue regularly, and for the session gear, including some very obvious B&W speakers. And most of all for the fabulous playing.

http://youtu.be/cycsE-uHe7U

TrevC

Thompsonuxb said:
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:

Who's sparky?

He had a magic piano that sounded just like yo gangsta singing. And most of the tuned vocal crud that the yoof listen to these days.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts