TV stand problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having finally recieved my Pioneer SCLX83 and Monitor Audio RX6 AV12 in black today i am now faced with another problem. My new reciever wont fit on my TV/AV stand :doh:

Can anyone suggest a good quality stand that would house all my AV? namely my HX903, SCLX83, BDPLX54 & PS3.

I have seen stands that can also hang your TV, this would allow me to effectivly have 3 levels as i wouldn't need to use the top level for my TV allowing me to use it for the RX Centre. This would be the ideal solution but its like a minefield out ther looking for a good quality stand that will fit my new leviathan. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards

Justin

Paul.

Alphason sell a lot of old stock through ebay, My stand was half price and is a hanging design as you mention. It did require some 'minor' hacksaw modification however
evil.png

5978775392_dcd9b3fdfa.jpg

5978212933_e4908151e8.jpg

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
What's your budget? Ikea has some interesting models which you can mix n' match.

Indeed. I've got the Tobo (170cm version) which happily houses my 3 Arcam separates, my BT Vision, my Blu-Ray player, my Wii and my PS2 and also (by leaving out the pair of drawers in the centre) my big Onkyo.

A look further down the page also shows there's an optional TV mounting panel.

A

Anonymous

Paul Hobbs said:
Alphason sell a lot of old stock through ebay, My stand was half price and is a hanging design as you mention. It did require some 'minor' hacksaw modification however
evil.png

Can i ask what kind of modification you had to do and why? i notice you have a 37" TV is this why you had to modify? i like the look of the stand that you have. I think this would be an ideal solution if it could house my amp and center speaker. The big question is going to have to be: will this stand be able to handle my TV?

Paul.

Have a look at the full explanation in my system thread (the link in my signiture) but basically I had to cut a mahoosive hole in the back so my amp would fit. Not ideal, but the stand and tv bracket was only £100 ish, so worth doing

My stand is only rated for 22kg, your tv without table stand is in the low 30's, so think it will be a no go unfortunately. Do check eBay for other alphason stuff though, the expensive stuff is good value when it's half price!

TRENDING THREADS