Turntable Wall Shelf

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
For those of you not familiar with the Systemdek IIX turntable, it is very springy and you really have to be careful when walking near to the stand where the TT is sitting on top. The floor of my front room is a floorboards/underlay/carpet combination. The stand is a well built one with plenty of weight on it but I'm still on pins when walking nearby when the TT's playing.

The obvious answer is to buy a wall shelf to eliminate vbrations etc. However, I've been looking at the Superfi website and the Apollo WT1 shelf for example would do the trick but its not the best looking bit of furniture I've seen. The wife took one look and shook her head.
smiley-smile.gif

Can I ask my fellow vinylistas whether any of you have similar concerns and how you have dealt with it. Can you suggest a better looking shelf that could do the trick?

Alternatively, would a nice thick piece of granite/marble/slate under the stand cut out the vibrations. I've also looked at Isolation boards to put underneath the deck, but for what they are, they seem quite expensive and I'm not certain how effective they would be.

Your thoughts as always would be most welcome.

Dave

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
DIB said:
For those of you not familiar with the Systemdek IIX turntable, it is very springy and you really have to be careful when walking near to the stand where the TT is sitting on top. The floor of my front room is a floorboards/underlay/carpet combination. The stand is a well built one with plenty of weight on it but I'm still on pins when walking nearby when the TT's playing.

The obvious answer is to buy a wall shelf to eliminate vbrations etc. However, I've been looking at the Superfi website and the Apollo WT1 shelf for example would do the trick but its not the best looking bit of furniture I've seen. The wife took one look and shook her head.
smiley-smile.gif

Can I ask my fellow vinylistas whether any of you have similar concerns and how you have dealt with it. Can you suggest a better looking shelf that could do the trick?

Alternatively, would a nice thick piece of granite/marble/slate under the stand cut out the vibrations. I've also looked at Isolation boards to put underneath the deck, but for what they are, they seem quite expensive and I'm not certain how effective they would be.

Dave

how about this.....
http://www.analogueseduction.net/product/Custom_Design_Wall_Mounted_Turntable_Support_CDWM

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Certainly those alternative suggestions look better on the eye than the Apollo, albeit for quite a bit more money. I'll have to get saving AGAIN!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
mitch65 said:
DIB said:

smiley-smile.gif

Dave

how about this..... http://www.analogueseduction.net/product/Custom_Design_Wall_Mounted_Turntable_Support_CDWM

Thanks for that tip about Custom Design Mitch. It looked good to me so I asked around on other forums and managed to buy a secondhand one for £50, so I should have it set up sometime next week.

Cheers

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Blimey what a difference a wall shelf makes. I've got my bouncy Systemdek set up on my recently acquired 2nd hand Custom Design shelf, and it's made a huge difference. Not sonically (though I dare say it helps) but by being able to walk normally near to the deck without worrying about the stylus bouncing up and down is a great feeling.

This new cheapo phono stage that I took a bit of a punt on has warmed up quite nicely, and is performing very well indeed. I'm a very happy bunny at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts