Turntable to match my Rega set up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Pretty shortly (once I get my bonus) I will be looking for my first foray into vinyl and looking for some suggestions on what would be best to match up with my Rega Apollo and Mira 3, my budget will be just £300. Is it safe to say a Rega deck would probably be best bet for the price or are there other alternatives?. I will of course audition at my local dealer but just curious to know what other decks are around at that price point I could also audition.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I can highly recommend a second hand Rega Planar 3
emotion-2.gif
How this compare to a new RP1 though I dont know I'm afraid.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the response Chebby, I think the RP1 with performance pack sounds like the one I will go for. Would this then make it a better deck than if I purchased the RP2 with factory fitted cartridge?.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
marplesl:Thanks for the response Chebby, I think the RP1 with performance pack sounds like the one I will go for. Would this then make it a better deck than if I purchased the RP2 with factory fitted cartridge?

I have not heard any news of an RP2 yet (or indeed whether there will be one at all). Have you seen one?

The old P2 is not listed by Rega on their website as part of their current range any more.

A

Anonymous

RP1 with performance pack it is then I think (subject to audition), Audio T do have the RP2 listed but I think the RP1 should be perfectly adequate for me....

Many thanks for all your comments.

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I would get yourself into your local Rega dealer, and compare the RP1, plus or whatever with P3-24. I think you may decide to save your pennies until you can get a 3.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts