Turntable to digital pre-amp

Hifli_Phil

Feb 9, 2022
Visit site
I have a Naim DAC V1 that I double as a pre-amp. It has six only digital inputs. Is there a way anyone knows I can connect a turntable?
thanks in advance

I have a Naim DAC V1 that I double as a pre-amp. It has six only digital inputs. Is there a way anyone knows I can connect a turntable?
thanks in advance
Welcome to the forum,
It is a DAC and has only digital inputs, so no, as a turntable will output analogue.
What does the rest of your system comprise of?
You could buy some sort of analogue to digital converter to sit between the two but this sort of negates the reason to buy a turntable.

Last edited:

Ivek

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
2 years ago I bought Project Optical Box E which is MM preamp and ADC. I wanted to connect the Rega RP3 turntable to a Cyrus Streamline 2 that has only digital inputs. I didn’t expect a miracle, but it sounds surprisingly good to me. It only has an optical output. In my experience, sound quality is affected by the quality of the optical cable.

Reactions: Al ears
2 years ago I bought Project Optical Box E which is MM preamp and ADC. I wanted to connect the Rega RP3 turntable to a Cyrus Streamline 2 that has only digital inputs. I didn’t expect a miracle, but it sounds surprisingly good to me. It only has an optical output. In my experience, sound quality is affected by the quality of the optical cable.
I didn't know such a thing existed, interesting....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts