Turntable Suggestions

Andy M

Jan 31, 2021
Visit site
Suggestions sought for a turntable that would complement what I guess would be regarded as an old school system!

My amp is an Aura Evolution VA100ii, which I've had from new (1993 I think), a mint Rotel RCD965BX (bought on ebay from a loving owner, as new) and a recent new pair of B&W 607s on floor stands. Have a Yamaha Multicast box for streaming.

I'm thinking of rebuilding my vinyl collection and ideally don't want to spend more than £250 (£350 at a push) and considered a Regal 1, Project Essential 3a and Audio Technica LP120.
20210131_110740.jpg20210131_110637.jpg
Are there others I've missed or classic 2nd hand alternatives I should consider to match the system?

With thanks and gratitude for any suggestions :)

Have you seen the cost of new vinyl? :)
However, out of your list I would take the Project.
the second hand market can be a bit of a nightmare for turntables if you aren't exactly sure what you are dealing with. If you are then that's fine although I would look at groups like Facebook's UK Hifi for Sale of Exchange instead of eBay, always assuming you are in the UK

Andy M

Jan 31, 2021
Visit site
Have you seen the cost of new vinyl? :)
However, out of your list I would take the Project.
the second hand market can be a bit of a nightmare for turntables if you aren't exactly sure what you are dealing with. If you are then that's fine although I would look at groups like Facebook's UK Hifi for Sale of Exchange instead of eBay, always assuming you are in the UK
Thanks for the advice, appreciated!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts