I am planning on buying a turntable soon, I'm new to this all. What should I be buying to keep the records and turntable clean, to prolong the life of the records or anything else that is a neccesity when buying a first turntable (Rega RP1). I've read about record cleaning machines and other products like brushes, cleaning gels and liquids but wanted advice on what's worth buying. Also is the cartidge on a Rega RP1 good enough or should I replace it?

andyman1006 said:
I am planning on buying a turntable soon, I'm new to this all. What should I be buying to keep the records and turntable clean, to prolong the life of the records or anything else that is a neccesity when buying a first turntable (Rega RP1). I've read about record cleaning machines and other products like brushes, cleaning gels and liquids but wanted advice on what's worth buying. Also is the cartidge on a Rega RP1 good enough or should I replace it?

I am guessing your RP1 came fitted with an Ortofon OMB5 cartridge. This is a basic model, it will do the job but the Rega arm is capable of taking a much better cartridge.

I would suggest for starters you just need a carbon fibre record cleaning brush of some description and possibly a cheap set of tracking force scales to accurately apply the correct downweight for any cartridge you may get in the future.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts