Tube amp with smart wifi plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacty

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
i am using small el84 tube integrated amp which is working in triode mode...it doesn't have any start/delay protection, only on/off switch on the back...i wonder if i can plug tube amp into 10A smart wifi plug so i can turn it on and off with my mobile phone or with voice assistant? is there any safety risk for doing that? i have connected chromecast audio in amp and it would be very convenient to control them both with some scenes and routines...as i have said, smart plug is rated 10A

inias

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
i am using small el84 tube integrated amp which is working in triode mode...it doesn't have any start/delay protection, only on/off switch on the back...i wonder if i can plug tube amp into 10A smart wifi plug so i can turn it on and off with my mobile phone or with voice assistant? is there any safety risk for doing that? i have connected chromecast audio in amp and it would be very convenient to control them both with some scenes and routines...as i have said, smart plug is rated 10A
I use a smart plug for my phono preamp as the on/off switch on the back can be inaccessible due to positioning and I do not wish to leave it on all the time. Works well with Alexa app.

Tacty

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
thanks...phono preamp is not drawing much electricity, i am still concerned about safety with combination of tube amp and smart plug...i know it will work though, but i can 't find much first hand experience about it...

inias

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
thanks...phono preamp is not drawing much electricity, i am still concerned about safety with combination of tube amp and smart plug...i know it will work though, but i can 't find much first hand experience about it...

Not sure if you have something similar but may help ease some of your concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts