TT connection to mac mini

McThommo

Dec 6, 2020
Visit site
apart from a USB pre-amp- I have just a straight RCA preamp, is there anything I can use to connect the turntable amp RCA out to mac mini so I can use audacity for back up to digital?

Gray

I'm not familiar with the Mac Mini, but has it got a line-level input (possibly in combination with a mic input jack)? If so, using that, Audacity could record from your Rega Fono.

Otherwise this would be a logical choice and go into USB on the Mac:

I've got one of these - which would allow you to put the line output of the Fono you own, into the Mac via USB......which would only make sense if the RIAA pre-amp stage of your Fono, is superior to the one in that mini A2D of theirs:

McThommo

Dec 6, 2020
Visit site
thanks for the response- I think I might have found an old DAC lying about which might do the trick- I am only really needing it to rip to Audacity and not playback.

Gray

thanks for the response- I think I might have found an old DAC lying about which might do the trick- I am only really needing it to rip to Audacity and not playback.
The ability to experiment with putting line out from your Fono into Audacity, is your lowest cost option, requiring only the appropriate lead.

The better option would be to go into USB on the Mac. For that the device needs to have an ADC (Analogue to digital converter) which both the Rega A2D and Art USB Phono, have (y)
(A DAC won't do it).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts