trying to improve sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i bought my entry level Hi Fi system some years ago,one recommended at the time by What HiFi sound and Vision.Marantz C.D.6000,C.D. player,Marantz PM60100SE amplifier,and Tannoy R1 Speakers.I added Atacam stands and Van Den Hul intoconnects.Iam retired and cannot afford to upgrade,i am not interested in Computer Streaming,MP3 and M.P.3 Docks,all i wish to do is buy a C.D. and sit and listen.I have read of D.A.C. and would like to ask if a £40 Lindy D.A.C. adde to my system would improve the sound.I would also like to know if a present today entry level system such as Marantz CD6003 C.D. player,Marantz PM6003 amplifier +Mission MX1 Speakers would give me better sound than my getting on a bit system.

idc

Hi prince bazz. I would start with the free give your hifi a good clean, particularly the various plugs were oxidisation can have occurred. Then I would look at room acoustics and see if moving the speakers about improves the sound. Cheap stuff involves blue tac'ing the speakers to the stands and making sure the stands are not wobbling about at all.

Then, if you have any money to spend, spend it on speakers, which is where you get the single biggest change.

A

Anonymous

clarity is what i am looking for,i am a bit deaf and i find i have difficulty hearing the lyrics,i like to listen to female singers,folk, country, jazz,and short of upgrading i was looking for any way to tweak,i know Good Headphones would be one answer but i hate wearing them.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
I'll probably get shot down in flames for the merest mention of this next bit of advice...

If you have hearing problems, then it may be that your hearing is deficient in a certain frequency range, rather than across the board. An equalizer would allow you to adjust the frequencies that your hearing has a problem with, to accentuate what you have difficulty hearing.

There, I've said it.... equalizer!
smiley-surprised.gif

I don't think the addition of a DAC of any description will help you, by the way.

A

Anonymous

I agree with the other posts [even the one referring to an equalizer], but would add that even if you're not in the upgrade game it may be worth a visit to a local hi-fi shop that has a listening room and friendly staff who would be able to give you some direction.

Cyrus CDXTse+, Pre XPd Qx, 2no. PSXR; 2no. X Powers, Mission 753 bi-amped.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts