True hd,cant get it working

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi i have a sony str-800 and a panasonic dmp-bd60 blu ray

It works great but got batman and star trek on blu ray it says they true hd,but on my display jump comin up dolby digi,the sound and pic is great but feel like am missin out on something!!

I went through manuels think got everything on,just not coming up true hd

Hope somebody out there can help me listen to it in true!! ha

Thanks for all your help

Jay

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Tried pressing the AUDIO button on the blu ray player to cycle through whats on the discs?

You do have them connected via HDMI yes? (You cant get HD sound any other way)

A

Anonymous

I know with Batman I had to go into the language menu and switch it on. If that does not work check that the secondary sound is set to off in the audio menu of the player.

A

Anonymous

I have it set on true on audio on blu ray player,but still says dolby digi on amp

I have it connected to amp with hdmi cables

A

Anonymous

As above, it sounds like you have not got the blu ray configured to output audio as bitstream

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Make sure the amp is outputting @ 1080p otherwise it will not transmit HD audio. If there is a picture setting on the ampo make sure it is set to 1080p not auto

A

Anonymous

True Blue:Make sure the amp is outputting @ 1080p otherwise it will not transmit HD audio. If there is a picture setting on the ampo make sure it is set to 1080p not auto

Wrong advice.

HD audio, via PCM or Bitstream will still be evident at 720p or 1080i. If you want Tru-HD or MSTR-HD to show on your amp, then you must set your amp to bitstream the HD codecs. If it is the blu-ray player that is doing the decoding (PCM), then you will see Mutichannel or the equivalent on your amp. Bear in mind that HD audio can only pass through on a 1.3 spec HDMI cable.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
ValianTX:
True Blue:Make sure the amp is outputting @ 1080p otherwise it will not transmit HD audio. If there is a picture setting on the ampo make sure it is set to 1080p not auto

Wrong advice.

HD audio, via PCM or Bitstream will still be evident at 720p or 1080i. If you want Tru-HD or MSTR-HD to show on your amp, then you must set your amp to bitstream the HD codecs. If it is the blu-ray player that is doing the decoding (PCM), then you will see Mutichannel or the equivalent on your amp. Bear in mind that HD audio can only pass through on a 1.3 spec HDMI cable.

Meant check the Blu Ray is outputting at 1080p, sometimes the BRP (especially Panasonic ones) see the reciever as a non HD device and default to 576. Worth checking in the video sub menu of the BRP that it is set to output 1080P / 1080i or 720P (display dependant) and not just set to "auto". This is exactly what happened with my set up.

A

Anonymous

Thanks got it working now comin up true hd,can enjoy my films now!!

Thanks for all your help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts