Triangle Esprit Comete Ez

Bozon

Aug 20, 2022
Visit site
Those speakers are fun but tiresome.
I purchased a pair of those on 2021. They are made in China with poor quality control. My first pair arrived with a defect ( wrinkle) on the woofer and a dent on the cabinet. But it was a fun sounding speaker.
Dealer exchange it for a second pair.
The second pair didn't had the cosmetics issues but sounded pretty thin and unbalanced.
I also purchased the Triangle stands for the speakers. They also came with cosmetic defects. So I see a poor quality production brand.

Regarding to the sound they are unbalanced and they get you tired after the exciting initial impression fades out. If you EQ them with a system like Dirac or Sonarworks the sound changes completely. It transforms to a new speaker. That shows how poorly balanced they are.

(Inappropriate content deleted by moderation.)

Last edited by a moderator:

szoze.ernany

Sep 17, 2022
Visit site
I have completely different experience to Bozon's. Comete Ez are nicely made, high quality, natural sounding speakers. The treble is actually very fine and quite refined and I cannot hear any harshness that What HiFi reviewer mentions. The tweeter is quite amazing. I agree though that Comete Ez are a little unbalanced, but the sound is definitely not skewed towards treble. These speakers are warm sounding and somewhat treble subdued.

Mindhead1

Dec 13, 2022
Visit site
These speakers are great. I’ve used them with a CXA81 and a Willsenton R8 tube amp. I don’t get the the treble harshness described in the review. While the speakers handle bass well a sub is definitely needed in medium to large size rooms.

The speakers sound great with the CXA81, but really sing with the R8. The treble , mid range, soundstage and detail result in hours of listening good. Horn speakers and tubes FTW.

Reactions: szoze.ernany

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts