Review Triangle Borea BR03

gasolin

Most lower priced triangle speaker are bright like some Dali and B&W can be, so careful system matching is important

Once had a pair of Triangle LN01, they where to bright for my taste, bass okay but sounded like a slightly uneven frequency response

Dom

Most lower priced triangle speaker are bright like some Dali and B&W can be, so careful system matching is important

Once had a pair of Triangle LN01, they where to bright for my taste, bass okay but sounded like a slightly uneven frequency response
Okay, demo for sure before you buy. But I reckon these ones will be all right.

Dom

The tweeter is not bright, paper cones means great texture, to get realistic voicing you need the right front end (Billie amp from Heaven 11?) and the bass really is good when pushed with EQ. Analytical sound.

scene

WHF seem to think so:
"Slight peakiness to treble" :unsure:

It sounds interesting, but I remain to be convinced. I'd like to see it in a comparative review with some similar bookshelves - maybe the new Q3030i (which has a similar 165mm bass and 25mm tweeter) and the new Monitor Audio Bronze 100s - would be interesting to see them going head-to-head...

Reactions: Gray
D

Deleted member 116933

Hummm, this moments hype product that all the you tubers jump on, they probably are good but as with every review they all have to be taken with a pinch of salt. What it sounds liken there room and ours are 2 complelty different things.

D

Deleted member 116933

"Slight peakiness to treble" :unsure:

It sounds interesting, but I remain to be convinced. I'd like to see it in a comparative review with some similar bookshelves - maybe the new Q3030i (which has a similar 165mm bass and 25mm tweeter) and the new Monitor Audio Bronze 100s - would be interesting to see them going head-to-head...
Handy attribute to some if there amp/source equipment is a little soft, I certainly wouldn't pair it with pioneer or onkyo.

D

Deleted member 188533

Hummm, this moments hype product that all the you tubers jump on, they probably are good but as with every review they all have to be taken with a pinch of salt. What it sounds liken there room and ours are 2 complelty different things.

Absolutely. And I'll be the first person to tell you not to buy based on one review and especially not a Z review. He's the king of hype. BUT, I do trust him to point out any glaring flaws and it's nice to have another data point. Not everyone ( myself included ) has easy access to various brands to be able to audition them. :)

D

Deleted member 116933

Absolutely. And I'll be the first person to tell you not to buy based on one review and especially not a Z review. He's the king of hype. BUT, I do trust him to point out any glaring flaws and it's nice to have another data point. Not everyone ( myself included ) has easy access to various brands to be able to audition them. :)

To be honest, I have doubts about the way he tests hi-fi components, his system is an absolute mess of wires But if it works then it works. He's an entertaining watch, but I liken him to the Angry Photographer (infomous in the camera world), certainly not John Darko (he has the attitude you get what you pay for at any price level) pretty much the only YouTuber/reviewer i trust more than any other.

And not to be rude but there's always a way to test gear I live in a very small hamlet with nothing around for miles and i have a good relation, I've fostered for many a year now with a Scottish dealer and they send stuff for to me test, at no cost to myself and im 600miles away from them. You may have to lay a deposit the first time or 2 but eventually, they will send with no questions asked especially if you have bought a few bits. Its got to the point where I only test/audition products at home and if can't I move on to the next dealer, I don't give a dam what it sounds like at the dealers, especially speakers.

The old ways need to die, dealers/manufactures need to be more furth coming if they want to compete with the internet in this day and age. Have stock that people can rent for a week/ month or whatever.

D

Deleted member 188533

I'm not in the UK though. The closest real hi-fi dealer to me is 75+ miles away in Atlanta and finding one willing to loan equipment for audition is basically impossible. Oh sure there are closer, smaller shops but they generally only deal with a very few brands and don't have in store stock to loan either. It's easier for me to order online especially from Amazon where I have 30 days to return anything for any reason.

Edit: I should say 'in my price range'. If I was willing to drop the price of a car on new stuff I'm sure I could find someone willing to let me audition whatever I want. :)

Reactions: Dom

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts